Bacchus "Beginning of the New Tradition"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokentoes

Reaction score
So i have a few Bacchus and i have to say i'm impressed. I'm starting to look at their Strat offereing because well, i'm a guitar addict lol. I'd like to hear from anyone who has experience with the stats that have the new tradition moniker on the headstock. Here's one i'm interested in but i don't want to throw a bid on it without knowing ****. I know guitar hiro and a few others here really know their Bacchus.

Thanks

Guitar in question.

https://www.jauce.com/auction/q326228677

from observing the photos that demonstrate the attributes IMO this example is a BST-54V, with the original MSRP of 108,000 yen.
The example looks to be all original & it looks to be in great condition. It should have a slight V neck profile, along with a 2 piece center seam Ash body, and Alnico Special (SP) pickups with non beveled pole tops. The early 003566 serial number would indicate a ball park circa 1998 production, possibly pre-1998.
Very nice find. 8)

catalog does not list the fingerboard radius.
Finish is listed as, "lacquer." IMO & from my experience with BST examples from the era that means nitro lacquer over a poly base; all very thin.

Don't know if you noticed (or if it was mentioned above ^^^) but beginning is misspelled on them as begining ..... just a cool little factoid.

Agreed.... I've had two BST-64V's, an absolutely magnificent Classic Series Les Paul with a monster neck and an absolute gem of a Live Road LP Junior double cut.

marcusnieman said:
Don't know if you noticed (or if it was mentioned above ^^^) but beginning is misspelled on them as begining ..... just a cool little factoid.

Haha i never noticed the spelling mistake. Good eye. Could be proof that we are already living in an alternate reality though, so there's that. lol

marcusnieman said:

8) you know when they changed from "begining" to "beginning" ? sorry that the japanese arent good on the english!

Great guitars. Yeah should be a bst-54v with ash body. They usuallt have chunky soft v necks w a 9,5 radius and medium frets. Great pickups too. I would guess its from before 98...maybe 96-97. Anyway a good price is around 40k yen. The more rare ones like the one Im selling go for around 60k. Happy bidding!

wulfman said:
Generally great guitars, I've yet to get a turd.

I would have to agree with that statement.
I purchased my first Bacchus (Vintage Series) around 2005, around the general time frame the series was coming toward the end of production.
I have owned at least one example of most of the Vintage Series line-up; some models I have owned multiple examples.
Not all of these models were included in any catalog & some are quite rare.
There is no doubt that Bacchus has some of the most consistency in materials & workmanship. 8)
The typical price point per build quality for these examples is to date still an incredible bargain IMO.

brokentoes said:
So i have a few Bacchus and i have to say i'm impressed. I'm starting to look at their Strat offereing because well, i'm a guitar addict lol. I'd like to hear from anyone who has experience with the stats that have the new tradition moniker on the headstock. Here's one i'm interested in but i don't want to throw a bid on it without knowing ^&*(. I know guitar hiro and a few others here really know their Bacchus.

Thanks

Guitar in question.

https://www.jauce.com/auction/q326228677

Funny you should mention that.
There is a 1990s era Bacchus currently being queried on another guitar forum that the membership there is completely off the mark as far as 'guessing' what model they are discussing. It's pretty funny to watch & read.

Is it the non serial ebony p90 deal ??

I personally think these non serial bacchus should be called something else since they sem to have different specs to the ones that later got serial numbers. The starter series?? Lol who knows. They all seem to be called the vintage series though. Bacchus just seemed to get better and better as they went along.

brokentoes said:
Is it the non serial ebony p90 deal ??

I personally think these non serial bacchus should be called something else since they sem to have different specs to the ones that later got serial numbers. The starter series?? Lol who knows. They all seem to be called the vintage series though. Bacchus just seemed to get better and better as they went along.

Yep, a black LP Custom type with P-90 foot print pickups.
It looks to be mentioned in two different threads with multiple photos that demonstrate a range of attributes.
IMO it has been attributed a model designation incorrectly at least twice, and also with the complete omission of the P-90 designation, which for Bacchus examples a 'S' is typically utilized for soap bar.

Judging from the combined attributes in the photos, IMO it is a BLC-95S BLK,circa 1996/1997.
I'm confident if the neck pickup were removed one would see the off-set/medium tenon typical of the 95 grade Bacchus BLC & BLS types from the era. It should have a two piece back & a two piece top, and the neck should be fairly thin; I would say about ~.850 @ the first fret.
It doesn't have the higher grade attributes associated with a 140 grade anything, which I have seen at least twice in the threads but it is a guitar forum so, those types of errors I suppose are typical also. If someone read that type of info, and was interested in purchasing the guitar, or similar example, they could easily end up paying more, based merely on bad info. Not good.
It is entertaining to see the speculation but at the end of day what we see on the interwebz some times becomes gospel. Funny how that works.

What would those attributes be ?? There are some pictures but I wouldnt call them the greatest to base much on really myself. Its black so you cannot see how many pieces the guitar is at all. The board looks ebony but again I couldnt say it is for sure. I could make some of my rosewood boards look ebony with the right lighting and not such sharp pictures. Of course people have to guess with such limited info to use. It's for sale in Australia so I have no idea what it would be worth there. I am no expert in valueing guitars in the Austalian market. My computer fried a while back so I'm on a $40 tablet... can you see things clearer than I can ?? The resolution on this thing is ****** to say the least.

Back