In search for informations regarding a Bacchus guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinaski34

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm in search for infos regarding this guitar. The seller says he bought it new in 2003.
The serial number is 103882.
Also, the seller says that the pickups are Seymour Duncan. Looks more like Bacchus pickups for me, arent'they?

Here are some photos (I can't find any other photo of a Bacchus guitar with this natural wood finish) :

2359.jpg

9nd7.jpg

xezg.jpg

Thank you for your help !

Marco

The 103*** serial range could theoretically run circa 2003 - 2005. I would believe the 103*** serial range to be most likely a 2004 or possibly 2005 example. Looking at page 11 of the 2004 Deviser Headway Bacchus 'Hand Made Concept' catalog I believe the model designation of your guitar is most likely the 02 Duke Standard.

Similar/same attributes between the 02 Duke Standard as photographed in the catalog image and your guitar are:
Head stock shape
Head stock face inlay
Tuners
Truss rod cover
Block position markers
Reverse zebra pickup bobbins
Amber knobs/no pointers
No poker chip @ 3 way switch
No pick guard

The only thing that seems odd is your top finish has no color but is 'natural.'
The catalog entry for the 02 Duke Standard list the color options as: CS, HB, BLK-OIL, BR-OIL. NA (natural) is not listed.
Maybe your example is a 'custom order' with a non-catalog top color finish option, or maybe the catalog was supposed to list NA, or NA-OIL as a top color option but didn't? Just a guess on my part; nothing else.
One other item: the head stock face for the catalog image is black and your example is NA (natural).

Hello

I was wondering if in 2006-2010 Bacchus was making guitars (Duke models) with a one-piece body.

Because it seems to me that the currents productions are in two parts.

Thanks.

Back