LS120 With Two Piece Body?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I saw a joint in the back of this guitar and the seller just confirmed it.

And it has a 120 sticker...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Toka...-/124672430290?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

ZSzjvx3.png

Fk9DxPe.png

ryAtWgg.png

JeZR0t9.png

Pictures are rubbish and he seems not to be able to classify most of the rest. As I understand it, anything above a 60 was 1 piece back? So the sticker could of been added or the seller is mistaken or we have an odd one.

Yep. No telling which.

I had a solid flame top LS80 with a two piece body from 1983. Still had the oval sticker that said “80”.

An LS120 with a two piece body would be a shocker.

The joints on these can be so hard to spot, my LS120 has a grain pattern with dark mineralization that looks like a joint and you have to look VERY closely and follow it around the edge to see that it is at an angle and actually the grain and not a joint.

I sent him another message to confirm, and ask that he look closely.

I like the top on this. Would be a nice one to rescue and restore (switch out the EMG pickups and rings with PAFs, and reverse the tuners to Kluson type that fit the larger bore they likely made to fit the Grovers).

Back