PRS Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn’t realize Tokai made PRS clones?

Seller listing this as a PRS 180 VF. Confirmed by stamp in pickup cavity.

XVj3U3q.png

7oLBu4b.jpg

LGQE2x9.jpg

sqemyib.png

EgIqpGX.jpg

woDbWoK.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-TOKA...-/124020695849?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

The stamp in the pickup cavity and routes look like Tokai to my eyes.

D3yiB7A.png

P2uswmo.jpg

PccybEs.png

Has anyone here played one? I read that some were made in Korea, and I guess some in Japan. This I am guessing is a Japanese version since it is being sold in japan.

The price is crazy, $5,590. I haven't priced PRS guitars in a while, but that seems high even for the real deal.

Then I guess you are not their market? I am not either. I honestly never liked the head stocks on PRS guitars.

I was thinking about head stocks and how I react to them. Lots of misses out there in my book. Like the dimple on the export Love Rocks, or the weird end on the Tokai strats after the mid eighties.

I know lots of courtroom battles have been fought over head stock designs, so I am not the only one who is affected by them.

I may start a separate thread on that since that may be a topic on its own.

That's a minefield :lol:

So much prejudice around on headstock shapes, which usually boils down to either brand blindness or dislike of change in the main.

Yeah. I walked blindly into it and started a new thread on it. 8)

Very cool. I had that thought reading about how the LS200s had tops that were selected or words to that effect. Was wondering if they were truly custom orders?

personally, I never cared for PRS guitars but that's just a preference. I know plenty of folks that love them some PRS fiddles.

AFA the Tokai PRS copy; it could be made with premium lumber, **** like Honduran, Brazilian, etc. Maybe that could account for the asking price?
Just a guess, and then there is the rarity factor. How many Tokai PRS copies have we seen? I have seen one, now.

Avert your eyes
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-Traditional-Series-LG68Q-Violin-Finish-3-74kg-/254983850041?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Seen a few on Reverb but now it looks like China is making lots.

Lol. You really don’t like those.

I admit the way that one part of the grain took the stain I would think someone was not happy.

Still that neck has some crazy flame. I have an ST100 with an amazing flame neck, but that one is off the charts.

Latest posts

Back