Rosewood Breezy Sound - advice needed

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z0mbee

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post, but i have been lurking for a little while, absorbing the wealth of information :)

I'm a massive Beatles fan - in a tribute band, in fact - and have always loved George's rosewood Telecaster. However, the ?3,500+ tag has put me off somewhat!

I've spotted what appears to be a Tokai version in a local music store (i'm in Southend-on-Sea), for ?399. I'm going to try and bash them down to ?349 when i get some money in, as they've had it in there for months, but need to be sure that it's a real one. I've seen through the forum that there are plenty of fakes around.

I've not been able to take pictures yet (i know, i'm sorry!), but it is 100% identical to the one being sold by warnrgw in this thread.

I would assume that it is legit, judging by the responses in his thread, but am a little confused - i've seen a post elsewhere that seems to show a completely different one. The one i am looking at is labelled up as an ATE70, and has dark-coloured finish on the sides and the back of the neck. The other one i have seen had a different model number, and rosewood sides.

Is there more than one rosewood Breezy Sound? In the absence of an obvious serial number (like the one above), is there any other way to tell?

Many thanks in advance :)

That guitar is not all solid rosewood. It features instead a basswood body with laminated photo-rosewood on top and back...
(Remove the pick-guard; you'll see it in the PUP's cavities)

Thanks Marcus, i've noticed that one on at least one website on my travels - luckily, the one i am looking at has the more usual 'Breezy Sound' decal.

Togps - thanks for pointing that out; i had no idea. Would i be right in assuming that it will just sound more like a normal Tele than a genuine rosewood one?

Also - did Tokai produce more than one rosewood (or rosewood coloured!) model? Tokaiguitar.de has one with the model number TE-200 on this page, but is that just one with a proper rosewood body, based on what togps says?

togps said:
That guitar is not all solid rosewood. It features instead a basswood body with laminated photo-rosewood on top and back...
(Remove the pick-guard; you'll see it in the PUP's cavities)

Ah, that's interesting, I've seen a few of these described by the sellers as having ash bodies. I always wondered what they were really made of.

Mike

There is the te60 rosewood from 82-83 that is a one piece ash body colored to look rosewood.Maple neck with rosewood board :)

I purchased this one recently

P5220049-1.jpg

P5220035.jpg

P5220021.jpg

FWIW, Koiz has an '81 TE200 on his site:

http://picasaweb.google.co.jp/koizguitar/1981TokaiTE200ALLROSEWOOD#

Looks interesting.

Good luck! :D

Wow, lots of useful info and great pics! So, i am i right in thinking that Tokai have, over time, made three distinct rosewood and rosewood-effect models?

I guess i'm just trying to make sure my money isn't wasted :)

The game and all item have been highlighted for the individuals. The commodity of the quality and perfect writer review is charged for the humans. The significance is done for the persons for the flow of the offs for the humans.

Latest posts

Back