This place used to be buzzing...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8bit Barry

Reaction score
... seems like the interest in Tokai has really dropped off... there are hardly any new posts and discussion doesnt seem to pick up at all. Such a shame...

This forum is still a wealth of information .... in the almost 20 years I've been here, Tokai (and other MIJ brands) is no longer the mystery it was before. Look at how flooded Ebay and Reverb are with them.... and for a hell of a lot more money. This forum in part has helped educate the masses and now there are plenty of other sites and pages to go to that didn't exist before.

What are you looking for specifically? I'd imagine that if you post it here, you'll get an answer.... you can also search topics and find pretty much anything.

It’s a wealth of knowledge indeed. I just feel sad that any of my posts seem to take days to any response. Other people’s posts are the same.. there was always so much buzz with a lot of posts every day to help me learn more.
I own 3 x pre 1980 Reborns, a 2002 ES100, a USG90, I love them all and this place helped me understand that my money could be saved by investing in these fabulously made guitars instead of Gibson.
I recently did the full Jimmy Page in my 1980 Reborn Old Gold Top with a Bare Knuckle neck Riff Raff and a bridge Mule and the result has been so incredible. The guitar has ‘the neck’ a generous 59 C - I guess I wanted to connect with this place again but it’s been sad to see the demise.

Demise? I don't see it that way - look at the archive of posts, photos, links, etc. That didn't go away.
Forums or groups are like relationships - they mature and evolve.

Ok perhaps not as strong a word as demise, down turn perhaps. What saddens me the most all the Photobucket image blurring, removing so much of the visual elements of these useful posts...

8bit Barry said:
Ok perhaps not as strong a word as demise, down turn perhaps. What saddens me the most all the Photobucket image blurring, removing so much of the visual elements of these useful posts...

Good point....I used to use Photobucket. What they are doing now is trying to charge us long time users for photo storage on their site.... and if you don't pay, they blur out all of our photos hosted with them. I say F Photobucket .... I'll find another free hosting site. That might be one reason for the slowness.... it's a bit of a hassle to post photos.

even on facebook tokai groups there is very little new info..its mostly..look at my new tokai posts.. I think so much has been found out in the last 10 years that there is simply not so much to discuss any more..

marcusnieman said:
8bit Barry said:

Good point....I used to use Photobucket. What they are doing now is trying to charge us long time users for photo storage on their site.... and if you don't pay, they blur out all of our photos hosted with them. I say F Photobucket .... I'll find another free hosting site. That might be one reason for the slowness.... it's a bit of a hassle to post photos.

Imagebb seems to be working ok and so much easier to resize and post pics or links

I'm baaaack....I'll get the buzz going again. :p
I think that there is less confusion over whether or not a particular Tokai is genuine..mostly because there are just so many of them out in the market these days.
My break from here was enforced...but I'm back for now.
I've mostly been focused on Identifying OTHER MiJ vintage guitars these days..mainly coz I can't stop buying them :lol:

Please do *not* replace this forum by a group on F**ebook or any of these antisocial ad sites! Never ever! A classic web forum is so much better.
19tlb84

HAMAMATSU said:
8) why they dont talk here anymore when they are talking in the facebook? whats so good/better than here about the facebook?

Great question.

Back