Wiring for 1984 TLC-60

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbk85

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 1984 TLC-60 and the wiring is weird, not like other Les Paul style guitars.

When the switch is in the bridge position, the neck pickup still works (to play the bridge only, I need to lower the neck volume). The neck position appears to be normal.

I took the control plates off and it has a circuit board instead of traditional wiring. All the solder looks like it's original.

What should I look at? I don't really want to replace the entire wiring at this point.

Thanks

KqQ1wIK.jpg

o519hBj.jpg

Here are photos, but it turns out I did find the problem. There was a tiny piece of metal making two connections touch, I blew it out and it fixed the problem!

Thanks

I am guessing one of your pickups was switched and they didn't wire it correctly?

Which one does the black wire go to? The bridge?

I am guessing that someone changed a pickup and in the process did not wire it back correctly or they did something to the pickup selector connection? May need to go through things one by one.

Start by pulling the pickups and see if they are the same. If not, someone changed at least one.

If you decide to scrap the PCB, I would save the board and definitely save the pots if they are Noble pots. Those are pretty desirable.

Latest posts

Back