Please me identify a Tokai Guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about the model, but it's a genuine Made In Japan from 2016.

It may be from a limited run ordered by a major retailer. The undimpled headstock is unusual outside the Japanese market and quite desirable.

I don’t know anything about newer Tokais, so this is not a model I’m familiar with. All the examples I see on line are in Eastern Europe? Is that where you are?

I don’t know anything about newer Tokais, AND this is not a model I’m familiar with.

I noticed the model and serial number are handwritten.

XunypEX.jpg

I looked at other certificates. All of them have serial and model numbers typed in...

TYmqhuw.png

Also, the few examples I see of this model on line are in Eastern Europe (Hungary).

Is the LSR9 on the Tokai web site? I’m in the US and can’t see Gibson clones on their site from here apparently.

The model name does not follow the Tokai pattern of naming them based on price. But again, I am not familiar with newer models. Just stands out and sounds like a Gibson reference (R9).

Here is one of the few pages that these pop up on.

https://www.gitarcentrum.hu/product/tokai-lsr-9-ld

Notice the names of two of the salespeople listed on the site is the same name stamped on your "Certificate of Authenticity", Bigson. Which seems a lot like Gibson misspelled. 8)

“Bigson Gitargyardt”

IR0QbO4.png

Are these the guys that have the guitar you are looking at?

I don't know what the deal is, but these are all showing up in one part of the world, mostly through one web site, and all have hand written certificates of authenticity which the ones elsewhere do not.

I am not sure why that is, but seems unusual. Maybe they can tell you?

Again, I would want to see this model on a Tokai web page or in a catalog if I were looking at it to buy.

Back