Help Please I'm confused what model this is

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghoggan69

Reaction score
Hi There First post Thanks for having me on here. I recently purchased what I believed to be a Tokai LS136F Violin Finish. Overall I'm very happy with the guitar but some of the specs don't add up

1. It has brass saddles

2. It has Sprague Capacitors

3. Although hard to tell I believe it may be a solid flame top???

Any info would be greatly appreciated Cheers :D

I saw a 'very similar' post as the OP's post here, over on a different forum that states the below, in quotes.

"Hi There First post Thanks for having me on here. I recently purchased what I believed to be a Tokai LS136F Violin Finish. Overall I'm very happy with the guitar but some of the specs don't add up

1. It has brass saddles

Any info would be greatly appreciated Cheers"

So, it looks like the OP is seeking info at various sources, which IMO is a good thing.
The OP from the other forum posted several pics, to included a rear head stock shot showing the serial # 1125614.

So, looks like a 2011 Tokai LS of unknown grade.
Shot of the neck pickup route wall looks like a veneer top, to my eyes, as the flame feature fails to translate the full depth of the maple top.
The flame feature actually only translates for about the upper ~10% of the total top thickness, thus my assessment of a veneer top.
YMMV

EDIT: just noticed the two threads titles are identical so, it must be the same OP in both threads = "Help Please I'm confused what model this is" title from the other forum :wink:

guitar hiro said:
I saw a 'very similar' post as the OP's post here, over on a different forum that states the below, in quotes.

"Hi There First post Thanks for having me on here. I recently purchased what I believed to be a Tokai LS136F Violin Finish. Overall I'm very happy with the guitar but some of the specs don't add up

1. It has brass saddles

Any info would be greatly appreciated Cheers"

So, it looks like the OP is seeking info at various sources, which IMO is a good thing.
The OP from the other forum posted several pics, to included a rear head stock shot showing the serial # 1125614.

So, looks like a 2011 Tokai LS of unknown grade.
Shot of the neck pickup route wall looks like a veneer top, to my eyes, as the flame feature fails to translate the full depth of the maple top.
The flame feature actually only translates for about the upper ~10% of the total top thickness, thus my assessment of a veneer top.
YMMV

EDIT: just noticed the two threads titles are identical so, it must be the same OP in both threads = "Help Please I'm confused what model this is" title from the other forum :wink:
Thanks Yes same post question etc and yes the serial dates it as a 2011 model I posted here as this is a direct Tokai forum and there may be some more experts on Tokai guitars Thankyou

Back