tokai love rock HELP ME with SN

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tone2711

Reaction score
Hi am new, can anyone assist, what does the FC at the start of my serial numbers mean on my love rock Tok, i can gleen thats its probably Korean made, and anyone know how to determine year of manufacture form the 7 following numbers which follow the FC. Cheers, really enjoyed the forum prior to joining and look forward to really assisting others and getting answers. My ultimate aim is to see Stoke City in the premier league.. and then us win it>>>> but hey this is a guitar site.. not fantasy island.

thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to assist me. Big Ant

Hi Big Ant,
you will soon get a reply from the people who know just about anything to do with Tokai....... And welcome to the site......

cheers
Johnny

Oh and it would help if you can upload photo or a link to photobucket ..You can open a account there and upload your photos then paste a link with your questions .
Hope that makes some sense......( others will explain better )

see ya
Johnny

thanks mate for the reply, aint got a camera i can post pics with, bought the Tok for ?100 off a mate who needed the cash, even if it is Korean i am chuffed with it. really just want more info. Big Ant

Johnny-English said:
Hi Big Ant,
you will soon get a reply from the people who know just about anything to do with Tokai....... And welcome to the site......

cheers
Johnny

Welcome tone2711 :D

You would have an '07 production guitar, made in China. Great players, especially for the money.

You've done well. 8)

strat moto, thanks alot mate, thats why the first two digits following the FC are 07 then? China.. thats great mate... think i owe me mate a few bob then????? i think having checked harmony central and other good review/sale sites that it normally goes for around ?270-?300. just couldnt find anyhing referening to the FC.
thanks for taking the time to reply, its greatly appreciaited. Big Ant

stratmoto said:
Welcome tone2711 :D

You would have an '07 production guitar, made in China. Great players, especially for the money.

You've done well. 8)

You wil find FC as a prefix on some, not all, of the "Traditional" series guitars.

Some batches have been made with the FC prefix and some guitars, made around the same time and delivered to us in Oz, with the FC, do not have the FC prefix.

Interestingly, there are no hard and fast rules as far as some of the Tokai serial numbers are concerned, only guidelines, with exceptions.

The latest batch have 6 digit serial numbers....."oh no, that can't be right" some may claim. They are geniuine Tokai made by the officially contracted manufacturer and are not "Fakai".

Tokai serials and markings are not always easily understood.

Buy your mate a pint and don't let on you may owe him a keg :D

True Mick,

The Japanese guitars come with a Certificate of Authenticity, signed by Mr Adachi.

In Oz, the UK and Europe, the Traditional series (Chinese and Korean) guitars are all authentic and retailed through authorised Dealers, so the chances of being duped are much less than other parts of the world.

The big bad web, well, that is where diligence prior to purchase is so important.

It upsets me and I am disappointed by the less than honest people selling obvious (to us, at least) fakes. The recent spate of dubious guitars, represented as Tokai is some cause for concern, but I fear that there is little that can actually be done to curb it.

People will always try and save money by buying online these days. The risk is part of that and it is up to the buyer to manage that, by doing careful research first. Most win, but some get ripped off. We have a good Dealer network here in Oz and you are 100% safe buying from them.

Yes we seem to be a bit more diligent over here, i was sure after being contacted by a couple of the shops in Canada that there was a chance that the "fakes" that we refer to could have been a one off thing, but after doing heaps of searching {phew} and taking into account the words of some other forum members, i was determined to come up with "hard" evidence to which i did {finally}. I think its a shame that this kind of deceitful practice goes on at the expense of the innocent... :evil:

Mick

Ned, may I suggest that it's time to update the Tokai serial numbers section of the Dating and ID part of the Registry with a warning about the counterfeit 2004/2005 "AMP clones", and how to recognize them. Lot's of people use the info in the serial number section. I hazard a guess that only a small fraction of those people actually try search the Forum for more detailed info, or even know about the Forum even though they are in the Registry.

folks and fellow guitarist, i cant say what a surprise it is to have so many helpful and knowledgable freinds from all over the globe replying and offering advice, thanks alot for your info folks its greatly appreciaited Big Ant

stratmoto said:
You wil find FC as a prefix on some, not all, of the "Traditional" series guitars.

Some batches have been made with the FC prefix and some guitars, made around the same time and delivered to us in Oz, with the FC, do not have the FC prefix.

Interestingly, there are no hard and fast rules as far as some of the Tokai serial numbers are concerned, only guidelines, with exceptions.

The latest batch have 6 digit serial numbers....."oh no, that can't be right" some may claim. They are geniuine Tokai made by the officially contracted manufacturer and are not "Fakai".

Tokai serials and markings are not always easily understood.

Buy your mate a pint and don't let on you may owe him a keg :D

folks and fellow guitarist, i cant say what a surprise it is to have so many helpful and knowledgable freinds from all over the globe replying and offering advice, thanks alot for your info folks its greatly appreciaited Big Ant

maunaloa said:
Ned, may I suggest that it's time to update the Tokai serial numbers section of the Dating and ID part of the Registry with a warning about the counterfeit 2004/2005 "AMP clones", and how to recognize them. Lot's of people use the info in the serial number section. I hazard a guess that only a small fraction of those people actually try search the Forum for more detailed info, or even know about the Forum even though they are in the Registry.

maunaloa said:

Hi Big Ant,
They are a fantastic lot on here and the advise is as always tops ....I have picked up so much from the people on here . this site is run so well with no nastiness as you can find on some sites.
They have got me out of the dog dooo a few times with there help.

cheers
John

mate i am addicted, did a gig last night and was telling me duo buddy bout the site, so hopefully he will reghister soon, and best of it is, he is going japan on the 18th march for a business trip, for 18 dyas, so ive asked him to keep his eye out for any bargains of the TOKAI make. thanks again mate. Big A

Johnny-English said:
Hi Big Ant,
They are a fantastic lot on here and the advise is as always tops ....I have picked up so much from the people on here . this site is run so well with no nastiness as you can find on some sites.

cheers
John

mate i am addicted, did a gig last night and was telling me duo buddy bout the site, so hopefully he will reghister soon, and best of it is, he is going japan on the 18th march for a business trip, for 18 dyas, so ive asked him to keep his eye out for any bargains of the TOKAI make. thanks again mate. Big A

Johnny-English said:
Hi Big Ant,

cheers
John

Did you use the Tokai in anger at the gig last night !!!!!!.
And your mate is lucky going there I think my bank card would melt looking at the guitars you can get from Japan.

my mate is staying in Tokyo and travelling around for some 18 days, he has been japan on many occasions, and has advised me export/import duty is crippling...., do you or any other member know otherwise???? and the guitars arent actually that much cheaper there.. infact some brands are more expensive, but i am working on me mate to look out for the ES100 whilst he there.
Never used a guitar out of anger mate.. just "outa lorv".
Cheers again mate.. keep the faith BIG ANT

Johnny-English said:
Did you use the Tokai in anger at the gig last night !!!!!!.
And your mate is lucky going there I think my bank card would melt looking at the guitars you can get from Japan.

Back