Whammy Bar?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSystem

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

I have what I think is an 85 Fiesta Red Strat that looks almost exactly like this one.

https://reverb.com/item/15750250-fernandes-limited-edition-stratocaster-copy-1985-86-burgundy-mist

Mine only says Fernandes on the HS in the exact logo as in these pics and Electric Sound Research Group. That is it. Electric Sound Research Group is directly underneath Fernandes unlike the HS on the one for sale. I have always figured it was an LE.

Anyway it also has the exact same bridge as in this the ad.

I am missing the Whammy Bar. Any idea where I can get a replacement? Or what the size and threads used on these?

Thanks
Brian

Most likely to be M6 std thread. Try an ordinary m6 bolt to test. Internet is full of m6 whammies.

mdvineng said:
Most likely to be M6 std thread. Try an ordinary m6 bolt to test. Internet is full of m6 whammies.

thanks. now that i know where to start, i will do that.

brian

The vast majority of older MIJ Strat copy trems take M5 thread bars, as does this one. They're readily available as well. I believe M6 is used on recent/current MIM and Asian-made Fenders?

Back