Tokai Reborn LS80 V High End Greco

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fartoomany

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Reborn LS80. Whilst this has cured my GAS (for a short while at least) I am already beginning to wonder how the high end Greco's compare to the Reborn. I have long been an admirer of Fugi Gen workmanship and quality (I have an 83 JV Strat from new).

So my question is to those out there who own or have owned both, which of the Greco models are equal to an LS80 Reborn? Super real EGF1000 or Mint Collection EG59-120 maybe?

I would be most grateful for your opinions.

The Porsche of course ... :p

You have to play them to decide. The Tokais have the higher specs like 1-piece back and solid top, but the Grecos are fantastic guitars. LS-80 and egf1000 are in the same league pricewise ....

+1 for wolf...

EGF have bigger necks than all tokais...if thats your thing....

tokais..pre 82 have better specs on paper..ie 1 piece backs....

greco flametop EGF 1000 and 1200 and EG series to 120 are veneer

ls-80 obviously solid...lol

Thanks for yor comments. I'd love to be able to play both side by side, but that's highly unlikely to happen, unless I take a trip to France to see a man who has (at least) one of each guitar in the range!.

Personally I've never been a great fan of Mercedes or Porsche, give me a fast Audi anyday.

You could always drop a few off for me to "evaluate" next time you visit your holiday home :wink:

Latest posts

Back