Tokai LS80 or Orville by Gibson... what to go for?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankajoerg

Reaction score
Tokai Les Paul Reborn LS-80 from 1979 or Orville by Gibson LPS-59R REISSUE from 1993... what should i go for? both in Excellent condition! the tokai is 100 Euros more than the OBG.

Tokai: solid top, Nitro finish, 1 piece back, rosewood fingerboard

OBG: Fret binding, Nitro finish, Gibson 57 pickups, 2 piece centre seamed backs.

jacco said:
In this forum same opinion: the Tokai without a doubt :wink:
And say hi to Mark for me :D

will do:) you bought guitars from him before I understand!

i have never bought from him before but have only good things to say about him so far:)

Yep!
It's obvious that when you live in Norway and can choose from those 2 guitars, they have to come from Mark..
But seriously. You already own a 1982 Greco, why buy another Fujigen (taking it's a Fujigen ObG you're talking about).

jacco said:
Yep!
It's obvious that when you live in Norway and can choose from those 2 guitars, they have to come from Mark..
But seriously. You already own a 1982 Greco, why buy another Fujigen (taking it's a Fujigen ObG you're talking about).

why is that obvious that ? hehe!

yes I see your point, Im gonna buy the Tokai. never had a Tokai either so it will be the first:)

Thomas/Sweden said:
A Tokai! Man, you're in for a treat I dare to say! :wink:

I hope so for sho :) my first Tokai!

i also bought this one:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200683361662&index=5&nav=WATCHING&nid=60704883324

I hope she will treat me well!

frankajoerg said:
i also bought this one:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200683361662&index=5&nav=WATCHING&nid=60704883324

I hope she will treat me well!

Cool... you'll like the 54

Nice guitar you bought there :wink: Already on hold on Marks homepage.Believe me that you will love her !

t.olsen said:
Nice guitar you bought there :wink: Already on hold on Marks homepage.Believe me that you will love her !

my god he has so many lovely guitars its insane!
i was about to go for that Burny tobaccoburst at 1300 euros to the left on his page, but the Tokai stole my heart! should be here next week!

im selling my 2007 Gibson 57 lp goldtop darkback because of these two axes so they better dont let me down:)

frankajoerg said:
t.olsen said:

i was about to go for that Burny tobaccoburst at 1300 euros to the left on his page, but the Tokai stole my heart! should be here next week!

im selling my 2007 Gibson 57 lp goldtop darkback because of these two axes so they better dont let me down:)

Try to do a comparison between the Les Pauls! :)

Emiel said:
frankajoerg said:
t.olsen said:

Try to do a comparison between the Les Pauls! :)

They are both amazing guitars! I love them both:) the p90 one sings and is perfect as it is, no modifications needed on that one!!

but I will change the pups on the 79 reborn as I didn't like the gotohs at all, too muddy and not distinct ...

But I just ordered some Skatterbranes wembranes for it and can't wait to try the guitar with them in it!

Also I bought a Greco EGf1200 and received it today! Insane guitar and my now number one for sure:)

Pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wulfh/6609687185/in/set-72157628272468093/lightbox/

Ah you bought Harold's 1200! Nice!! You're building quite a nice collection, congrats!

PS I absolutely agree on the Tokai pups, the only weakness off a vintage Tokai imo

jacco said:
Ah you bought Harold's 1200! Nice!! You're building quite a nice collection, congrats!

PS I absolutely agree on the Tokai pups, the only weakness off a vintage Tokai imo

Yes I did and at a very fair price I must say:) (thanks Harold!!)

Sent from Tokyo on Friday and received it today, gotta love the Japanese effectiveness:)

It's my holy grail and can't wait to play it again!

I'm downsizing a bit, the Greco eg68-50 mint collection is up for sale now!
It's a great guitar, the best I had actually, but the egf1200 is now my favorite axe, along with the 79 reborn of course:) and the 2011 reborn Goldie!

I'm currently looking for a good Tele, Japanese quality of course:)
But gotta wait until summer! I think....

Thanks for posting Frank, I am glad things went smoothly over there. With your Tokai and the Greco you should be set for high-end MIJ guitars for a while!

Back