Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like it may have snapped at a scarf joint or the break angle of the headstock?

No idea what the paint code would be for SW, but you can try contacting Tokai.

東海楽器製造株式会社

If you don't speak Japanese, you can use Google Chrome.

Good luck.

Hmmmm.

I hate to tell you this, but it’s widely believed that these Legacy guitars are unauthorized or counterfeit.

See this thread:

Legacy Series

Everything i've said about them is from conversations between me and the board of directors/owners. The CFO and the new owner (Yuta) sat down with me when i was there a few weeks ago and it came up.

They were a decision between Jade Music (the former distributor here in Aus) and a third party Chinese factory. The Legacy guitars were never checked by Tokai Japan or authorised, they were done completely under the table by Jade Music.

Tokai has used a Chinese factory for a while, but it's not the same one that the Legacy models came from.

Apparently Jade Music lost their distributorship in Australia because they orderd these from a builder in China without authorization from Tokai in Japan.

Looks like the serial number is a decal.

Guessing this was not made by one of the factories that makes legitimate Tokais in China like your CN serial number UALS48.

Lots of factories in China that build guitars. Easy to put in an order. The problem is putting the Tokai name and logo on it without getting permission. That's illegal in most countries.

11553-9371a0a0d70f62d6c9d8036e7bca5cf3.jpg

It’s hard to say what a dealer might or might not know.

The Legacy order I have heard about was in Australia. Sounds like other dealers or distributors got some of these. Or your guitar originally came from Australia?

I assume the lure for dealers is that they got them cheap.

Back