Tokai Goldstar Model? Pickups? Year?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be clear. All Tokai ST/TST guitars (Goldstars) in this period have serial numbers. Ones without don’t occur until the 90s.

And your case is from before 1982 so it didn’t come with it either.

Lots of mystery there.

Last edited:
And that it’s not stolen. Just mentioning that since that’s the most common reason people get rid of serial numbers.

Wouldn’t want you to be blindsided thinking the no serial number is normal.

Enjoy.

I dont know who was the first owner. This guitar was sold in a guitar store in the mid late 80ies to a guy who kept it since then u just sold it now because of various reasons but the main reason is his wife😂
So even when it was stolen, it was stolen back in the 80ies. And where? In Japan, the UK, Europe Mainland?
Its very interessting story but probably is more simple than we guess.

The only issue I have is that I really would love it to be in nitro finish. Just because of the aging.

Ok. So if he has had it since the mid eighties that should make him the original owner, or close to it. You might ask him if he has the original neck plate?

Ok. So if he has had it since the mid eighties that should make him the original owner, or close to it. You might ask him if he has the original neck plate?
Nope. At least second owner. He only had what I got.
Look in the 80ies these guitars where the **** in middle europe, especially in switzerland. It was the holy grail, almost as an original 50 or 60 ies fender, fender had a bad reputation and at first japanese guitars where not liked and later they where the ultimate guitar but almost not to get here. Thats at least what I could find out.

Back