The Beauty of Wood in Guitars

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, this model is ”Blue Velvet", jointly developed by Fender Custom Shop and DiMarzio in 1994 when this guitar was made in Japan Fender. Blue Velvet has now been discontinued. It is a very rare one with the company name printed on the bobbin on the back. I'll upload the image later.

20221222_092742.jpg

That's nuts! How do they sound?

And so cool that you kept the stickers on the pickguard.

Stunning guitar!
This Blue Velvet was loose-winding, and hand-wired at that time.

The sound is very fat yet clear, the center pickup is back-magnetized, taking into account the matching of the three sets.

The pickguard is not plastic, but very heavy aluminum, not anodized as seen in vintages, but baked with high heat in white color.

With a neck frame and a splendid ash body of grains, only 40 guitars were produced to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Stratocaster's birth, making it the pinnacle of Fender Japan's best guitar.

No. The VS-1 had a white PAF sticker, but very few survived.

Rare MB Headstock Strat-Can I learn more about this please?

View attachment 9243
I've seen PAF stickers (actually small pieces of printed paper rather than stickers?) on pickups from the 1970s. However, I've never seen a little DiMarzio sticker like the one on my Strat other than this model. Since it was a joint development with Fender, it may have been intended to appeal to the company. After that, Blue Velvet, which was sold separately, should not have this sticker on it.

Oh cool. It has a flame top. Can you photograph it in bright sunlight?

Cool. Flash works too.

That’s a special guitar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back