• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

suspicious e-mails

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bender999

Reaction score
has anybody, had a guitar up for sale, and get a email from someone
in (bad english)stating they wanted to buy your guitar site unseen
they're willing to send a cashiers check for as much $ as you want,
in one case he had a check made out for a different guitar, for more $ then i was asking, i was to cash it and send back the balance!
any thoughts.thanks

bender999 said:
in one case he had a check made out for a different guitar, for more $ then i was asking, i was to cash it and send back the balance!
any thoughts.thanks

That's the scam. The money order will clear in your bank after a few days. You send the extra cash to them, then the bank will find that the order is a fake. True clearance of funds takes weeks, not days. Banks take a calculated gamble on fraudulent cheques and orders showing within days. If they're wrong though, you lose, not them ;)

yup....your right i found this site, this exactly what these guys wanted,
send the $ wester union, they were from overseas, bogus excuse why the check was made out for more that what i wanted!!.. thanks for the input

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/check_scam.html

I've had great fun playing with these scammers. One thing at their lost is whenever they wanna send a check they'll use the expensive tracked system delivery, fast & secure.

I've had a few funny fake address sent to them & they'd just stupidly send the check to the address, say this one;

name: ayluv poussy
address: 34, hayri genital rd, fark yoo, Essex, UK
postcode: as5 7ol

Later on they'll contact me with a tracking no & I'll just keep playing, said I've actually received check & cleared them, then refused to send balance via Western Union & use Bank wire transfer or paypal instead, or that I'm actually coming to their countries and hand in the money etc.
Conversation length could go up to 2-3 weeks & they'll be so frustrated & start cursing in some strange language & I'll just be laughing my butt off. LOL

yup, thats what i'v been doing, its good fun!
i'll not respond back to them for a day or so, and just when they think
they lost me,i'll email them, and say lets do it, and they'll email me back
all exited, asking for my info.......... :p

Latest posts

Back