Stone Logo FLG-60??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fernandes-logo'd Gibson copies do turn up pretty regularly, but more often from the Revival era, I believe? The reason is unknown, but they seem slightly more common in some export markets, like Australia. You could speculate they might have gone to countries where Fernandes' Fender copies were already doing well, but you do see them in Japan as well, like this one. I don't know enough about FLG's to tell whether this individual guitar is legit or not, but the logo itself is not really a reason to doubt it imo.

Fernandes-logo'd Gibson copies do turn up pretty regularly, but more often from the Revival era, I believe? The reason is unknown, but they seem slightly more common in some export markets, like Australia. You could speculate they might have gone to countries where Fernandes' Fender copies were already doing well, but you do see them in Japan as well, like this one. I don't know enough about FLG's to tell whether this individual guitar is legit or not, but the logo itself is not really a reason to doubt it imo.

You would agree though that this would not be revival-era guitar, right? My understanding is that the Stone Logo era is 78-80…maybe 81.

I have never seen a stone logo LP. I offered $500 and they accepted so we will see what I get. Definitely beat up but I don’t care as long as it plays. I have a Stone Logo 335 (FSA-60) that is the best playing guitar I’ve ever had, so I’m optimistic. Really hoping the pickups are originals. There is a 78 Burny in the Fernandes catalog with uncovered zebra pickups.

Afaik, the Revival series was launched in the second of two 1981-dated catalogs, so stone logo would be 1978 into '81. Before that, Fender copies had the spaghetti-style logo and Gibson copies were Burnys, at least in the catalogs.

Looks like a nice guitar. I've had a number of 80's and early 90's Burny Gibson copies, but I've only ever tried one FLG (-90, as I recall) and that only briefly, but it played just fine.

A similar one with the Fernandes stone logo shows up in this video from Japan.

Made by Tokai?

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 11.42.59 PM.png

98771B7D-4637-4059-B991-E55A1D55344C.jpeg

Attachments

• 00C73DD5-C871-42C1-B79B-D638B2B6601F.jpeg
    00C73DD5-C871-42C1-B79B-D638B2B6601F.jpeg
    471.2 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
1978 catalog Vol. 1

Vintaxe.com catalog scan.

Google translation needs some work, but it's something.

FLG-60 Y 60,000

Mount the newly developed pickup L100 that provides a hot distortion sound. devil Sharpness to the sound by reducing the mass of the head In order to have it, in the spring, use a Kluson type Used. This allows you to enjoy a wild sound, from well-modulated chord work to sharp lead work.
●Body: Machined top maple veneer Back mahogany veneer
●Neck: Mahogany rose plate set neck
●Pickups: L-100 x 2
●Controls: Volume (350 days) x 2 Tones (350A) X2 Switch: Fernandes 454 JWay
● Fernandes 507 Kluson type
■ Color: cherry sunburst finish FL0-6008 Brown sunburst finish FLO-60BS Gold top finish FLG-60GT Black finish FLG-60BL

cat_1978fernandes_jp_015.jpg

Last edited:
Back