Springy ST60

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a year and a half or so - very nice, it came a bit roughed up, but a good luthier fixed it and was impressed with the quality. pups are really good, , kind of dirty sounding vintage tone; radius is quite hard, bends are hard to pull too ... but it has a great vintage vibe. anyway these are all impressions from a while ago, as i dont really play electric anymore due to an injury ...
kind of like a tough horse to ride but very satisfying. i have an st55 that plays much easier, but doesnt have the punch ...

im actually probably selling it to a friend who s been looking at it for a while ... kills me but it s just sitting in the case getting no play time.

Interesting. To me, mine is a sort of clean sounding vintage - it's not the most obvious choice if I want a dirty sound. But, it's one of the easiest Strats I have to play - slim neck, nicely worn in rosewood on the fingerboard. And it doesn't feel like the strings are under so much tension as they are on some other Strats, which is clearly nonsense, but that's how it feels.

It's interesting that we both have such different impressions of what should be similar guitars. 8)

it is ...i dont know, mine does feel i t has some sort of .. flaw or something ... i bought it and the condition wasnt great in terms of setup etc - the luthier did a great job but still feels a bit tough.

i ll try to play ti again today. i can only play for 10 mins or so, but i ll check. i guess the problem for bendings was aggravated by my lack of hand strength

Well a vintage type Strat (like a Springy) with a 7.25" radius neck & 25.5" scale length is never going to be as easy to bend strings on as a Gibson type with its 24.75" scale and 12" radius fingerboard. Personally, I find maple boards harder work than rosewood, specially if the board has a high gloss finish.

Mine was badly set up when I got it (surprising when you consider who sold it to dongrosh :eek: ), but after raising the action & getting the frets stoned, it plays really easily.

What gauge of strings do you use?

If you do sell yours, make sure you get a good price. There aren't that many Springys around, and they are only going to go up in value. :p

i was looking at 700 eur - it s a friend and im not really gonna push him - money comes at a good time too now
but i do see some springy s on ebay and they go for 700 usd or so? i mean st50s, 60s ...
i use 10s or 11s
i read about yours - u paid what u paid and that s that. dont feel bad about it - u had the money and the gas. everytime you go on a guitar forum and say "i bought this for this much" there s always someone who will say "u paid waaay too much"
i paid, including shipping and taxes, 800-850 eur for my 79 st55 a couple years ago. that was technically overpriced - but that s no one business s but me

and like u said, these wont lose value

btw: get an LPR 80 79 on an M4 lead at:

Gain 8 (be careful!!!)
LT 7
LB 3
LM 6.5
LD 9

LM 3

Latest posts

Back