Reverb 1981 7okai st

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, he's being honest about it (in a convoluted way)... :)

The Neck while not stamped on the Heel like Tokai is Vintage era and Factory correct for Tokai's of this era

It came to me from another guitar [...] The decal was missing off the Neck when I got it so this is a nice vintage repro

I read that as "I found a nameless neck that has the proper shape so I put a decal on it". The body, all of the paint, the entire bridge and even the jack plate are Tokai tho, so that totally warrants not calling it a "partscaster", right?

Last edited:
I saw it this morning on Craigs List its located less than a mile from me, too bad it's something I don't want.
in truth, it's less than a 1/3 Tokai only the body and bridge minus saddles
so it could never be passed as a Tokai its a partscaster at top $
he would be lucky to get what he wants if it was all genuine notice it's $500 cheaper on CL I guess when Reverb takes its commission it would be the same.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/msg/d/north-vancouver-tokai-springy-sound/7605734960.html

I’ll say it again, I don’t think that’s a Tokai neck….

So him saying it’s factory correct for a Tokai is misleading to put it kindly.

Not only is it not marked, but the position markers are pearloid and it’s a slab board.

Not sure how he can say it’s an 81 if there is no serial number….

It’s a partscaster not a Tokai.

FWIW, the only slab board made in 1981 was an ST70R made at the very end of the year and I have one. Shown in attachments. Note the curve of the rosewood at the end of the board at the headstock.

46392D63-C850-45F6-9E95-EBD2D4C08739.jpeg
BF403B04-69D3-4ADC-BEDB-11DB212A4488.jpeg

Back