Red, White & Blue Wires

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like there are some Tokais that have red, white and blue wire that sort of jumps out at me when I see it since it's so different than vintage wiring on Tokais from the 70s and most of the 80s.

It seems like this wiring may provide clues re: mfg? Or at least the source of the pickups which are often inexpensive ones like the MK4.

I recently noticed it on HSS ST models with the - symbol in the production code. These guitars continue to be a mystery as to when and where they were built. Usually low spec with inexpensive parts.

On the HSS ST guitars the red lead is typically from the neck pickup, the blue from the middle pickup.

I often see red white & blue wires on Korean LS models too.

On Korean and probably Chinese LS models the blue wire is for the bridge MK4 humbucker and at least one red lead commonly goes to the jack, and in some cases between pots as a ground I would guess.

The weird mid 90s LS55GT I had has blue wire as a ground between pots possibly? Pickups have gray & black lead wires.

S/N 017895

https://www.flickr.com/photos/51705173@N08/sets/72157626772675694/

ikdABr1.png

DjwL4kJ.png

UGo9ESs.png

nMjGvr4.png

HUzoRKb.png

5nSzVp8.jpg

9GRQaxC.png

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18501

Here's one (LS50D ?) that further adds to the mystery...

A Love Rock with a bolt neck that has this hyphen/dash symbol (7-5) and has features of both

Korean (no serial number, 3 screw pointed bell TRC from roughly 1998-2000, red white and blue wires) and

Japanese mfr. (production code stamp, MIJ pots, square Tokai Japan routs for pickup ears in cavity)

Tokai LoveRock domestic product Les Paul Japan vintage | eBay

hOB1awn.jpg

YVHQv4l.jpg

G7Gzy5k.jpg

phEPLkv.jpg

qcgYlbA.jpg

5apasgB.jpg

qpew6jH.jpg

JwYjjLE.jpg

Latest posts

Back