Neck profile on Les Paul Special type guitars

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckStoat

Reaction score
Hey all,

Edit: TL;DR - Help me find a Japanese made Les Paul Special in TV Yellow with the thinnest neck possible.

I've been interested in picking up something with p90s recently and the Les Paul Special is very much on my radar. I also really like the idea of one of the better made Japanese guitars so am looking around at that as well.

The thing is, I very much prefer thinner necks. So like the Gibson Slim Taper. It can be hard to find info on the neck dimensions of Tokai guitars so I'm hoping to get some input from people who may have had experience with them.

My guess is that Tokai's LPS type guitars are shooting for more of a vintage thing so probably much more in the chunky area. Anyone know if any of them are closer to a slim taper type of thing?

Seeing some availability of LSS230, LSS124, and somewhat older LSS110-SEB models so specific thoughts on those would be appreciated. Though I am open to anything so if you can point me in a different direction that would be great!

Last edited:
Chuck, I am on the look out as well and there is one sorta local to me. If the neck is skinny, I'll let ya know. I won't play it in that case but my pal will and he will give an honest review to me.
Hope you find one!

Latest posts

Back