Naked Orville in the bay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I found this in german ebay
http://cgi.ebay.de/ORVILLE-LPS-75-LES-PAUL-NITRO-TERADA-1993_W0QQitemZ290348990290QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGitarren?hash=item439a25ff52&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Strange but it's getting higher and higher from the beginning and it is not only a naked piece of wood without any hardware.Also the fretboard is in terrible condition.The seller says it has been refretted by a bloody greenhorn and is unplyable at all.Now,let's say you buy the guitar for perhaps 250 euros,same again for professionell refretting,you need tuners,PUs,switcch,potis and so on and at the end,your at 1000 euros and nothing is original on your guitar :eek:
For an Orville,not an OBG... :roll:

Seller says,Top is nitro for sure but he doesn't know if back and the neck are nitro as well...strange idea,even if it is refitted,to use nitro only on top.
He is selling PUs and hardware in other auctions.A nightmare to destroy this guitar without any reason

t.olsen said:
Seller says,Top is nitro for sure but he doesn't know if back and the neck are nitro as well...strange idea,even if it is refitted,to use nitro only on top.
He is selling PUs and hardware in other auctions.A nightmare to destroy this guitar without any reason
Nobody said sellers have to be intelligent...sneaky?...yes. :roll:

Gone for 456,88 euros !!!
Not too bad for a stripped guitar.Must be the nitro finish :lol:

Man,Those germans and other western europeans are paying some pretty
high prices for mij vintage guitars.
I was watching that orville on e-bay .de from the start, looks like the seller stripped it down to the bone for parts and sold them as seperate items?
Does he know his market well and knew what he could get for them!

An gold top orville by gibson went for over 1000 euros a few weeks back?

Was a nice obg,do not see many obg gold tops?

MOJO HOBO

I think I know which one you mean.Wasn`t it in ebay twice and went for 799 ? It was mint condition,really beautyful.What you say about european ebay is correct,but what to do ? As soon there?s one for sale,they bid like crazy.But t 2 things : I am absolutely sure this seller or one of his buddies was pushing the price and stripping this guitars was clever but truly a shame

Hi T OLSEN,Not sure if it is the same one,heres a few photos of it?
BYEmEewmkKGrHgoOKjQEjlLmVoWOBKfroP7.jpg

untitled.jpg
BYEmGwmkKGrHgoOKkQEjlLmVIM2BKfrooVu.jpg

mojo hobo

Sorry guys,I was wrong..I still had that one in my mind

http://cgi.ebay.de/GRECO-Les-Paul-Gold-Top-Mint-Collection-Made-in-Japan_W0QQitemZ230368042067QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGitarren?hash=item35a3015c53&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

But if you have some good ideas how I can get such guitars when they appear for half the price.. :lol:
No,I don't know.Too many people know today about the quality of MIJs and if one of the well known names is written big and fat in the bay,they go crazy :evil:

I must have missed that one,the greco gold top,very nice!Worth the money IMO, to who ever won it?
Have not seen too many greco mint collection gold tops for sale,seen plenty pre -1980 models on yahoo.jp

INNADAZE,amazing collection of obg gold tops ,you never fail to amaze me with your collection. :eek:
Think the reason why i never see any orville by gibson gold tops,is because you and uita have brought every one in the free world :lol:

IS THERE AN OBG MODEL YOU HAVE NOT GOT, OR WOULD LIKE,DO YOU STILL GAS / BUY ANY GUITARS

MOJO HOBO

Back