My new '79 Les Paul Reborn LS80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're both acting like d*cks. :lol:

However, I shipped a valuable guitar to Italy and the buyer wanted a false valuation, so I said wire me the cash and I'll write whatever you want, also I split the transfer fee with him for the wire.
He trusted me, which was not a risk in any way, but he couldn't have known that for sure.

If I was getting paid by Paypal there was simply no way in hell that guitar was going anywhere unless it had full value insurance. So, for guitars over $675, no USPS to Canada, or anywhere else for that matter!
For me there's no way around this unless you receive cash.

This isn't the old "I'm American and I hate Canada and everywhere else, but especially Canada, and it's my right not to ever ship to you" :roll: :lol:

He had no idea that the value would be over $650. That was stated several times. At this point, we had not even moved on to the fact that i wanteed the LS80. He thought i was interested in the $500 Greco he is also selling. So the insurance thing was not an issue.

Wow.... This is better than day time soap opera's.....

Ryan is a trusted seller....IMO I beleive that the seller holds all the cards.. especially in a paypal transaction, as they can reverse charges on you and some dumb *** ends up with a guitar. So... to put this lightly... know who you are selling to in a "iffy" transaction or... cover your Arse.

CliffsComicWorld said:

Ryan is a trusted seller....IMO I beleive that the seller holds all the cards.. especially in a paypal transaction, as they can reverse charges on you and some dumb *** ends up with a guitar. So... to put this lightly... know who you are selling to in a "iffy" transaction or... cover your Arse.

Totally agree on all points especially to Ryan's credibility +1 :wink:

batlord.............dude..............move on :)

CliffsComicWorld said:

smileypopcorneating.gif

CliffsComicWorld said:

He may hold all the cards. True. But he is also holding the guitar he would have already sold. :lol: But i forget that he would rather burn it than sell it to me. :roll:

I have yet to hear any particular reason why the same transaction offered on eBay to a US buyer should not be extended to a Canadian when the seller open admits he would sell and ship as such.

Just because I have not posted 7000 times does not mean that I do not frequent this board. If I am not mistaken, I have "been here" longer than you. :wink:

The batlord said:
CliffsComicWorld said:

He may hold all the cards. True. But he is also holding the guitar he would have already sold. :lol: But i forget that he would rather burn it than sell it to me. :roll:

I think he meant to say that the buyer holds all the cards?

Selling with Paypal can be diabolical, because buyers can use a credit card and just reverse the transaction at the drop of a hat for things like buyers remorse, or that there was one chip or ding not mentioned in the description of a second hand guitar. This is another seller risk, in addition to the few fraudulent buyers out there who would blatantly steal an item.

Always always send valuable stuff recorded delivery, tracked or delivery confirmation (whatever your local mail method is) so you have evidence for Paypal if the buyer claims they didn't receive the item. I pretty much send everything recorded even if only $20 or so bucks, because I just don't want to get into a situation with some f*ckstick who sees the item and decides to pull a fast one.

The situation gets worse when the transaction is across international borders with high shipping costs, because if the seller has to refund the payment, they will lose the shipping cost. Ok, hopefully, buyers are reasonably unlikely to send guitars back for trivial reasons when it's an international deal, due to the cost of return shipping. But can you imagine how crappy the whole deal could get if a buyer sends back a guitar for cold feet reasons, and then it gets damaged on the way back? Really bad scenario - seller has lost some money and has an item that is now worth a lot less.

I think the buyer holds all the cards when Paypal is used, and Paypal have admitted that they pretty much side with the buyer most of the time.

Of course, there's also the buyer's side to all this...

Latest posts

Back