LS150F Questions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratman51

Reaction score
I see many vintage instruments here, but I am thinking about buying a new LS 150F at my local guitar store. I haven't tried it yet, but the guitar it's a beauty. Do you think it is worth as much as the more vintage models? I currently have a Gibson Les Paul 2017 Standard T that I would sell if the Tokai sounds and plays as good as it looks.
Thanks in advance for your advice. I pass some photos.

Tokai LS 150F - 1.pngTokai LS 150F - 2.pngTokai LS 150F - 3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No, a modern LS150F is not worth the same money as a vintage early 80s LS150, but they are still great guitars.

And from what I can tell, they have a 3A or 4A (at least one 5A) solid flame maple top and lacquer finish. You would need to confirm all of that though.

What year is the LS150F?

Related thread here:

LS150F Gallery (2005-)

Last edited:
No, a modern LS150F is not worth the same money as a vintage early 80s LS150, but they are still great guitars.

And from what I can tell, they have a 3A or 4A (at least one 5A) solid flame maple top and lacquer finish. You would need to confirm all of that though.

What year is the LS150F?

Related thread here:

LS150F Gallery (2005-)
I don't know the construction date of the guitar, I will be able to get it with the certificate of authenticity.
I don't want to sell the guitar to make money, I want it only for my personal use.
I'll have to go try it and compare it to my Gibson. In any case, thank you very much for the information.
Greetings.

You’re welcome. These guitars are very interesting. I would love to know if the top is solid and the finish is lacquer if you get a chance to check. I’m sure others would be curious too.

You’re welcome. These guitars are very interesting. I would love to know if the top is solid and the finish is lacquer if you get a chance to check. I’m sure others would be curious too.
The modern ls150f does have a solid flame maple top (typically 3A), and lacquer finish. To me, they are a bit of an anomaly in the line up. I say that because it seems the model number should be higher considering its features. My 21’ ls 212 has a veneer top and lacquer finish (ls 236 now). I suppose it depends on the year the guitar was made, but I don’t know if they’re currently making this with a new model number

The modern ls150f does have a solid flame maple top (typically 3A), and lacquer finish. To me, they are a bit of an anomaly in the line up. I say that because it seems the model number should be higher considering its features. My 21’ ls 212 has a veneer top and lacquer finish (ls 236 now). I suppose it depends on the year the guitar was made, but I don’t know if they’re currently making this with a new model number

More here:

LS150F Gallery (2005-)

I agree that they are a bit of an anomaly, and you can read about Tokai's intention for this model in the gallery thread. I have a 2010 ULS150F, and it's a stunning guitar. You can read all about it in this thread, but short story is that it's a one piece mahogany body, solid AAA Flame Maple top, amber cell inlays, MOP logo, Orange Drops with a lacquer finish.

https://www.tokaiforum.com/threads/help-what-do-i-have-mij-tokai-love-rock.27442/

I would take mine again in a heartbeat over any Gibson I was offered.

In the store they told me that it is from 2023. The serial number starts with 23 so I think it is from 2023.

Latest posts

Back