Love Rock w serial starting with F0...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NLS70F VF?

That is from a 2002 web site.

Yours appears to be a 2006, so they may have changed from mahogany to basswood in that period to keep the costs down?

Or the 70 may be a Made In Japan model, and yours is a less expensive Korean version?

2002 web page for Active Music in Canada.

PQoQsEP.png

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26754

Sigmania said:
NLS70F VF?

That is from a 2002 web site.

Yours appears to be a 2006, so they may have changed from mahogany to basswood in that period to keep the costs down?

Or the 70 may be a Made In Japan model, and yours is a less expensive Korean version?

2002 web page for Active Music in Canada.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26754

Wow, thats exactly the same headstock and the body! Thats my guitar!
I would love to see the headstock backside on one of those guitars from the linked post.
Thank you Sigmania for this amazing find, you really are a Tokai wizzard:)

Im taking it to a luthier to get it fixed up, I will ask him what his thoughts on the wood are.

Canada, wow thats far away from Croatia.

You’re welcome! The one in that linked web site was made in Japan. Your version seems to be Korean, so the model number may be different?

This is still a bit of a mystery but we are getting closer. The secrecy endemic at Tokai doesn’t really help. 8)

My Love rock just got back from the luthier.
As suspected he says the body is probably 3 piece basswood, maple neck.

I had it fixed up properly, Faber Bridge with locking tailpiece and e-sert inserts, cts pots, switchcraft switch and Jack, new wire, mojotone PIO caps, Lolar Novel humbucker size P90 style pickups with new Tokai frames and Pickguard. Also a fresh bone nut. Reflector knobs and Gibson switch washer.

It looks, plays and sounds beautifuly. You can feel it resonting when played. Its tuned to drop C and sounds very heavy played through an amp, low mids but never in the bass range with enough highs to cut through.

I cant wait to try it at the next gig in two weeks.

Thank you again for helping me find more about my guitar, reading this forum and learning more about Tokai guitars has been a great expirience.

20230122_011256.jpg
20230121_170533.jpg

Latest posts

Back