Love Rock MIJ - Help identify Model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwp99

Reaction score
I have a Tobacco Sunburst Love Rock s/n 0818699 (Made in Japan stamp on the back of the headstock heel). How can I identify the model of Love Rock and build date?

That's hilarious!!!!!! I think I have a problem.... Sorry.

I'll try to back off since I have other dogs in the fire so to speak.

Made 2008? As per usual, pictures would help a lot with the identification.
(Also just checking if I could beat Sigmania to it :) )

Thanks for the reply.

To be honest, it looks like every other Tokai Love Rock. I thought the s/n might contain model info. Other than the s/n and the stamp marked Made In Japan, there are no other markings.

What other areas of the guitar would pictures help?

Attachments

• 100_0379.JPG
    100_0379.JPG
    304.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0380.JPG
    100_0380.JPG
    392.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0381.JPG
    100_0381.JPG
    462.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0382.JPG
    100_0382.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0383.JPG
    100_0383.JPG
    453.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Never mind. I found my invoice: Tokai LS 150 MIJ Long Tenon Violin Finish OHC

Just responding to my friend Homer J Simpson’s comment. It’s an inside joke.

Yeah Sigmania was just reacting to the "small print". I just wanted to save him asking for pics. :) The pics are needed to identify the model, or if the features check out with the model if it was sold to you as e.g. LS-150.

VF checks out ("Tobacco Sunburst" is not a Tokai color designator), whether or not the back is 1-piece can be hard to see on a pic, looking into the neck PU cavity should reveal the long tenon and may or may not have model number information, and while you have access to that you can do the acetone test in there, if you're not sure if that's NC or polyurethane.

Its possible a 150.To me the inlays doesnt look like those swirly ones on lower end guitars.
Thank you for the reply. I forgot to mention that I purchased this new in early 2009, directly from a large instrument dealer in Japan.

VF checks out ("Tobacco Sunburst" is not a Tokai color designator), whether or not the back is 1-piece can be hard to see on a pic, looking into the neck PU cavity should reveal the long tenon and may or may not have model number information, and while you have access to that you can do the acetone test in there, if you're not sure if that's NC or polyurethane.

Thank you.

Back