lefthand tokai loverock made in japan - info on model plz

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nils h

Reaction score
hi everybody,

i am new on the forum and i have a question regarding my new tokai.

the seller information reads like this

? Tokai LS2L (90) CS LP Standard Modell ? Japan
? Body: Maple Two Pieces Top, Mahogany Back
? Neck: Mahogany One Piece, Set-Neck, Head Angle 18?
? Griffbrett: Rosewood
? B?nde: 22
? Scale: 625/312.5mm
? Bridge: LS-VB Bridge, LS-VT Tailpiece
? Nut(width): Bone(43.0mm)
? Pickups: PAF-Vintage MK3?2(Made In Japan)
? Farbe: cherry sunburst
? inkl. ' 59 Lifton Reissue case

paid 1150 euro

since it's the open book headstock which says loverock model, made in japan on back, serial nr. 1022688 i thought there must be an "old" model nr. available. i had an ls 95 or now called ls 105 if i am right, bought new about 3 years ago and since i heard that the ls2 are the new model nr for germany i d like to know which model my guitar is. i heard the ls2 is the same as the ls 95, but mine had mk 2 pickups and i read the mk3s are put in the cheaper versions tokai. any info would be great.

thanks

can't post pics at the moment

plus the new german models on the tokai website all say "reborn old" on the headstock, plus the headstock design changed.

ok cool, thanks. i only have the 3 pics the seller send me, but don't know how to upload them. nice looking guitar :) have to wait until i get home. hope it sounds like my last one. i thought the mk2 were great.

well the guitar sounds good. neck needs a lil adjustment, everything looks great, just one thing. (even if it doesn t affect the tone) the headstock is three pieces wtf? there s two thin pieces added to the otherwise one piece neck, one on each side of the headstock, left and right, just a few mm thick.

ah. thanks for the answer. didn t notice this on my first tokai. and thanks for the link. will upload photos tonight. back to work :p

Heh heh, yeah don't concern yourself with those headstock 'wings' - I don't think there's ever been a Les Paul type guitar that doesn't have them!

There's probably some special models out there with one piece headstocks, and it's a nice touch that may create a feeling of craftsmanship and 'no expense spared'
but it's just a bit of marketing - very unlikely to affect the sound.

L1020841.jpg

Latest posts

Back