Korean Production After 2005, Unauthorized Or Limited Contract?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
I am seeing some indications of production of guitars labeled as Tokais after 2005 when off shore production supposedly moved to China.

If what I am theorizing is correct, these may be unauthorized/counterfeit guitars.

And if the ones extending past 2005 are counterfeit, it throws all of the ones with similar serial number schemes into question in my mind.

Last edited:
As I've said on other posts, I've visited a shop close to my house here in Korea and the owner said he used to have the contract for Tokai in Korea. He said he's been to their Japan factory a few times, yadda yadda. I know for certain he has commissioned other guitars made at the same factry that were long after Tokai moved out of Korea as I've seen them in his shop and he's showed me some in the box. Whether the bullseye and other Canadian Fakais were done in the same manner is anyone's guess. But I do know that the factory that made Tokai in Korea continued to make them for the asking, long after Tokai pulled out and moved to China.

Jason

Back