How to grade the Tokai ST pre 1982

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit: You made 3 additional posts that I didn’t see before posting this.

So I have the 1979 ST100 above.

The 1979 catalog doesn’t offer GS as a color option. The 1980 catalog does.

The 1980 catalog specifies gold hardware. Mine has nickel.

I have seen and heard of other examples so I know it’s legit. Besides all the numbers and cards match.

So there was an option to choose hardware at that time. I just don’t know how someone placed the order and how that all worked? I thought you were suggesting it was free and had found a document or “UK flyer” that said that?

FenderDan1 said:
Also re silver hardware on ST100 models. Some people don’t like gold but wanted the flame neck. If you look at faber guitar he has a packaged ST replacement bridge so you could buy in japan all original parts as packaged at tokai. You could also specifically request so the human now comes in to play but shops would get base models. Catalogs show base models and available to buy models so again. No options at 80 unless Natural as it costs more for tokai, no extra cost on 100 or 120.

It’s cost but yes special factory orders would be available but at no extra cost so no 5000 extra. It’s a business

Btw, my hardware was not an aftermarket change like the gold bridge Gottfried (Faber) is selling.

It left the factory with nickel hardware.

The nickel neck plate has the serial number on it...

6Y4bbJg.jpg

EbqkcuL.jpg

MnPPZIl.jpg

Back