How are Burny RLC from 1988-90 compared to older models?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrews

Reaction score
How are the cheaper Burny RLC-60/70 models from 1988-1990 in general compared to older (70s-80s) models? Had their quality declined by then?
One not so good thing I heard from other people is that although they are supposed to have VH-1 pickups, those are actually different pickups in sound closer to VH2 or 4. Is that a big minus?
Are they worth big prices?

Why do you say cheaper? All of the RLC60/70's from early 80's through early 90's were basically the same guitar. Some had maho caps, some had maple caps. None had true original VH-1's. Yes the later years had pups labeled VH-1... that's called marketing 101. Most through the 80's had VH-3s, maybe some 4's.

For me, a Burny RLC is the best bang for the buck MIJ repro out there... but I am partial to pre-'89 models with the split diamond inlay.

+1

Although there's 3 different factories producing the RLC during the 80s, they all are very good quality for the money.
The 1990 RLC65 was the first tohave the VH1. I have several ohm readings of those in the 10-11.5 area. The earlier VH3s are in the 7.9-8.4 area.

Back