Greco Gold Top Second try

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.de/GRECO-Les-Paul-Gold-Top-Mint-Collection-Made-in-Japan_W0QQitemZ230368042067QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGitarren?hash=item35a3015c53&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It is the sellers second try...about 3-4 weeks ago,the same guitar was in the bay for 899,now it?s 100 less.What would be a realistic price for this one in this condition ?

The one in the listing went for 799 Euro, which at current conversion is $1145 USD. I assume there is also a shipping cost.
It is/was worth whatever someone is willing to throw at it :wink:

The thing about guitars is that they are all different.
Take 100 different examples of the same exact model, and no two will be exactly alike.

I have a 1982 Greco Mint Collection gold top & it looks like it could be the same model as the one in the listing.

Including the price of my Greco gold top & shipping from Japan to the US, I have le$$ cost$ into mine than the ending price of the one in the listing.
That's still a lot of ca$h for a guitar with an original M$RP of 50,000 yen.

My Greco gold top is over all the best Greco Les Paul I have played of all the Greco Les Pauls I have owned 8)
That is saying a lot, because I put all of my guitars thru' some extensive evaluations, and they have to meet some lofty standards. What can I say; I'm as picky as Saint Peter :lol:

Until I recently purchased the 1981 MSV850, my gold top was the only Greco I had left in the house.
Yes, it is that good; it is a truly blessed piece of lumber.
Now, I have more than one Greco, again :lol: ..........................

I wouldn?t sell my Greco gold top for $2K, which of course the market would not bear.
That is however quite OK wit' me 'cause this is the best gold top I have ever owned.
The original MSRP of my Greco gold top is not at all representative of the superior quality it provides, and in spades.
IMO it is not replaceable, at any cost.

GrecoMSV-GT.jpg

lol, not quite

I was born & raised in Shreveport, LA, a river town that at one time had a well known 'red light' district called St. Paul?s Bottoms.

Now I live in St. Paul/Saint Paul (both spellings are appropriate), MN, a river town, and I live in a neighborhood that is a dump, near the bottom.

The more things change the more they stay F?ed up aka the same :lol:

I'm still very picky tho' :) ............... some times ................... :lol: ................

Latest posts

Back