• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1981 Tokai LS100OR Joe Walsh signature model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacco

Reaction score
FS: rare old Tokai with mojo!

Specs:
-1 piece maho top!
-1 piece maho back
-Original hardware and DiMarzio PAFs, measuring; neck 7.55 and bridge 7.87.
-Weight only 3.55 kg!!
-Neck thickness 22.16 mm at 1st fret and 23.30 mm at 11th fret, which is the exact average of a 1960 burst (ref. beauty of the burst). Frets are in outstanding condition.
-Nitro finish
-I have changed the PCB board for a matched quartet of CTS true vintage taper pots with 60s american PIO caps; 0.015 John E. Fast for the neck and 0.022 Cornell Dubilier for the bridge pickup and wired it 50s style. Also jack and switch are replaced by Switchcraft parts, incl braided wiring.
-serial number: 1016187
-Including green Tokai case.
-Recently set up by my luthier.

This guitar had been previously loved intensively which can be seen by it's usage marks.

Price 1600 euro.

Nice... always been a fan of this one.

Question about the nut.... it looks scalloped to me or is that an optical illusion?

Not an optical illusion Marcus, one of the previous owners followed the late 80s trend :)

I hate you, Jacco :D - you couldn't have waited 4 more months.

I've been staring at the pix and am starting to enter the 'What can I sell to buy this' mode, AU$2,200.00 is not pocket change.
Will be in touch again soon.

Peter Mac

The new owner is in for a treat - a great combination of features makes this rare model a worthy addition to any collection. Great price too!

Latest posts

Back