Dry Z pickup Set sales for 129,000 yen = $1,172 USD

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does your SA1200 have cashew finish? The binding looks like it might?

Hopefully whoever bought the set on YJ didn't get ripped off

interesting observation Harold about the Z stamp; I wonder if any of the Zs I've owned had a 'fake' Z stamp? :eek:

Is there a way to tell if the Z stamp is legit, or 'fake?'

Looking at the Z stamps in the two above links I can't really tell any difference; is there something that gives away a 'fake' Z stamp that most here would not discern?

Also, some of my Dry Z pickups have serial numbers that start with the number 2 & some start with the number 8

Yeah, the sets I have owned only had the two round holes; not the third square hole which is an attribute of the (later) Mint Collection era pickups.
Genuine or not, he got ripped off. They aren't that good.

SA-1200’s have an Indian Rosewood fretboard.
Although the catalog says so, there are actually many Brazilian rosewood SA-1200s in existence. Think about it. It is inherently strange that Brazilian rosewood is used for EGF-1200, which was not the highest grade, and Brazilian rosewood is not used for SA-1200, which was the highest grade semi-acoustic. If you look at the Greco catalog, it says that SA-1200 is an Indian rosewood fingerboard and SA-900 is rosewood, which is also strange (laughs).

Back