Big Dilemma: Goldstar vs Strat MIJ '89

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry guys, i just impulse bought that tokai goldstar! Hehe, I hope it was the right choice!

Hey guys, I would really like to tap into the collective knowledge of this great forum on the topic at hand...

I really wanna buy a strat preferably something MIJ,

So i have narrowed it down to 2 guitars!

1. A White Goldstar which is in great condition

2. A Fender Strat MIJ '89 with 3 tone Sunburst.

The fender is on ebay, so i dont really know how much that will go for, my max would be around ?350

Which guitars would you say that i should go for...?

PS. I heard somewhere that MIJ Fenders featured Basswood bodies... But goldstars were Alder.

Thanks for your help,

Alex

You made the right choice! Goldstars and mij Fenders are very similar in quality, but bear in mind there are different grades of both guitar. The most common Goldstars are ST50's and these are excellent guitars, alnico pickups, steel trem blocks, alder bodies etc.

But forget the specs the main reason you bought the right guitar is you got the white one!! White Strats definetely sound the best :D

Hi :)

Thanks for you reply!

I have been trying to chase down a goldstar for ages! but i love that white colour! So unique!

I think its a '62 as it has the "C" shape rosewood neck.....

Well i hope it is, cos thats what my Guitar God John Frusciante uses! :)

Come to think of it, this guitar has already been posted already!

The white one in the post called "Goldstar Sound"!

How strange!?

Hopefully the guitar sounds as amazing as the reviews say it would :)

So some new guy "humle" comes here and asks advice on a guitar he is interested in and you see it and buy it out from under neath him, i think thats a low act and you won't make any friends around here if thats the way you operate. :eek:
We encourage people to come here and have their guitars identified not pulled out from under them, we are trying to stop people buying "fakes" and stop them from buying duds so this type of action stifles our attempts to be helpful and goes against everything we do here. If this is the case then i am pretty p1ssed off...... :evil:

Mick

I'm with Mick 100% on this one...
To respond to a poster asking about an ebay bid and to then race off and buy the guitar out from under them is bad form for ANY member of the forums....but for the person doing this to be a new member themselves is NOT the way to make a first impression.
I,for one,am disgusted.
Oh...and it figures that he's a JF fan eh Mike :roll:

Ozeshin said:
I'm with Mick 100% on this one...
To respond to a poster asking about an ebay bid and to then race off and buy the guitar out from under them is bad form for ANY member of the forums....but for the person doing this to be a new member themselves is NOT the way to make a first impression.
I,for one,am disgusted.
Oh...and it figures that he's a JF fan eh Mike :roll:

Oze, I think the only thing in his defence is that he is a new member, if this was a on-standing member it could have caused a lot of friction.

Hi John, mate i know you are a nice guy but there are arseholes out there and i think we have just found one. Why would anyone want ask for help when this type of thing happens, then he gloats about it. Lucky i'm not a mod as i would ban his arse.

Mick

Well im sorry, but the guitar was posted up on ebay this morning, i saw it at the same time as he did...

But he felt that he wanted to check with you guys wether it was a legit one and things. Sure thats fair play on him! He was palying caution to the wind, ok!

When i came on the forum to post this thread, i stumbled upon his one... Just because he posted on the forum, does not mean that that guitar is rightfully his...

Sure i completely agree that if i saw on his post that he wanted to buy that guitar, and then i bought it then yea that would have been bad of me... but if you look back at the thread he only just posted that picture, no link to ebay what so ever.

So i have every right to buy that guitar as he does...

Its just that i like to pay now ask later. If that guitar was a fake, then i would jsut send it back to the seller!

And yes JF is God! :) xxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm,

I would suggest that you dont jump the gun, and see if you can find out some information about the guitar, Like serial numbers and what not...

Regards,

Alex

That kinda says it all, you advise him to not "jump the gun" then a few minutes later you buy it. Its too late to try and redeem yourself mate you've already gloated about "pulling the rug" out from underneath him.

Mick

Ok..well you've explained it.
That sadly does NOT make everything right...as I said earlier...this has made your first impression with a few of the longtime forum members and it's NOT a good one...I for one will be withholding any help that would ordinarily have been forthcoming..well done..!!!

Ok, well thanks anyways guys,

I dont think i will be making anymore guitar pruchases for a very long time now, seeing as i have everything that i want.

I guess i will never be able to join your circle of friendship....

Good luck, and Happy Mothers day

xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back