Any idea what this could be???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedFish_Happy

Reaction score
Here's a SG
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r30917618

They look a bit rough to me and the 3 screw truss rod cover points to Korean made.

From a distance of 10 metres it looks just like a Gibson.

... togps has already his hands on this one ... :lol: :lol: 8)

BTW - had it been refretted ??? Seems that I saw the rest of the nipples at the end of the "new" frets ... ? :-?

Roger

I asked the seller ...

He says these are the original frets - no refretting at all and the binding is also original !!

Roger

The seller claim it's japanese (I don't read german, unfortunately)? Because, obviously, it's a Korean brand. :)

... he says he "assumes" that it is a Japanese brand.

Sneaky mentioned that he has seen alot of them on the Japanese web ... and, IMO, ...

... it's very suspect that togps asked the seller for BIN ... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

... and doesn't comment our puzzling about this guitar !! :wink: :wink:

There's something cooking !! :wink:

Roger

tudor said:
... he says he "assumes" that it is a Japanese brand.

Sneaky mentioned that he has seen alot of them on the Japanese web ... and, IMO, ...

... it's very suspect that togps asked the seller for BIN ... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

... and doesn't comment our puzzling about this guitar !! :wink: :wink:

There's something cooking !! :wink:

Roger

This is exactly what I was thinking!!! If togps is considering it.... there must be something about this guitar! :lol:

RedFish_Happy, thanks for starting the thread. So I get aware abut the auction. (One Hefe Weizen for you)
Yeah, I did hit the Ebay button!
It should be a Pre Les Paul Reborn.
Probably (hopefully) a FLG1000.
The low/mid budget guitars did feature a pancake body. (Bold on/ glued set neck)
Can't wait until the mid 70ies fossil is here, to check out the specs.
I'll report asap after its receive.
Mysterious Pre Les Paul Reborns were available in the 70ies on the Japanese domestic market with following labels:
Gaban,
Gallan,
Gibbon,
Ganson,
Gession,
Grandy

Back