2021 LC-190S/F

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currypowder

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a model I have been chasing for awhile. I've been a KISS/Ace fan since the mid 70s, so have always been attracted to a 3 pickup Custom. Of course, this model isn't a feature for feature copy, but that's kind of what I like about it. I think the cherry sunburst flame (veneer) against the multi-ply binding, cream pickups/plastics and ebony board just looks, well, right. To me anyway. I saw them when they were originally available at the Rockin' guitar shop in 2021, but the price was just a bit higher than I wanted to spend. I haven't seen too many on the used market in Japan. So when this one popped up a couple of weeks ago, I started watching it closely. Fortunately, the price stayed below my max, and it made its way to Kentucky late last week.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to plug it in to see how it sounds, we had some bad storms and I have no electricity since Friday and will likely be down for a few more days. But I have been able to mess around with it unplugged. Not surprisingly, it feels and plays very well. Having the middle pickup feels a little weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Specs are a one-piece mahogany body and one piece mahogany neck, Maple cap with flame maple veneer, Ebony fretboard, and pearloid tuner buttons. I'm not sure if the finish is poly or lacquer or how the switching/controls work. But I'll figure that out at some point. Fingers crossed I get power back soon.

I can't find a mark on it, it's like new. As a bonus, the seller included both a nice hard case and the original Tokai branded gig bag.

y4m6xeblAirp-KsS88OGrbNSUpOA59F6yQBkGoynhvlQozyfVYXAPbaPTjxCOzFyF326uqADDhqmzJDTRGl2IKQdB1zccRJOrDufJW_3L-iClNXdweuRkLnu5d2MY85iCmc2DJRMhbBJ1o4ru665X6dvW5NS3drV3UMFmJhQ3JafE3k2oqSExhJ4xuWpiT9O0Hn

y4mY4JbhMWi-pVTCsqFzGyuHPwcNLfhfG9b-k6PLPAqU_vR2c8I5IVpWWujkS85SFk5F28N8bZWPfQULUp3bJLmO7lGvgHeOoiZfbYz4pY2QkTi2xb3haLMHiFNiBtb3N81qP1pADt67vc8LQPzJNfcRGJ-8jF4-Nfs4vy8X8F97BD-JphAcRySqeV6a5jCo1-6

Latest posts

Back