• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1983 Tokai Goldstar neck

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampmaker

Reaction score
This is my last F-style Tokai, a 'BLOCK' logo Goldstar - one of the first from 1983 with the correct headstock shape. I've had about 8 Tokais through the years, but I've slowly cut them down to this one and my LS-320.

Photo%2009-01-2023%2C%2020%2047%2002.jpg

Photo%2009-01-2023%2C%2020%2047%2027.jpg

The neck is the only part left! See below.

Last edited:
Sadly, with no interest in this as-is, I will keep theEMGs and part the guitar out:

Body - £225 (will come with original Tokai neck plate with 5-digit serial number)
Neck - £225

Last edited:
That is sad.

Does that neck go woth that body? Would be ahsame to separeate them if they do go together.

Yes, the two came together (at least in my ownership). I will separate them and photograph them and their codes and add the photos here.

1983 Tokai Goldstar neck

Now 40 years old! Which makes me even older. :( Block 'TOKAI' logo, maple with skunk stripe, very little wear. - nothing through the fingerboard pacquer. Vintage style, so with a fairly tight radius - 7.25" (I think). One very small ding on the beck of the neck. Shown with tuners fitted on the last photo, but supplied bare.

Weighs 0.487kg = 1 lb and 1 oz.

Price: £225 and I can ship.

Attachments

• tneck1.jpg
    tneck1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
  • tneck2.jpg
    tneck2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 0
  • tneck3.jpg
    tneck3.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 0
  • tneck4.jpg
    tneck4.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 0
  • tneck5.jpg
    tneck5.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 0
1983 Tokai Goldstar body

The matching part to the neck above. In Candy Apple Red metallic, and in great condition for 40 years of age. No paint chips, just a few small dings and surface marks here and there. Paint has sunk into the body and shows some of the grain lines, as usual. Includes the original 5-digit serial number stamped neck plate.

NOTE: I had a luthier make an internal mod: making space for a PP3 battery for active EMGs. This is made accessible via the tremolo cavity - see photo.

Weighs 1.9kg = 4 lb and 3 oz.

Price: £ NOW SOLD

Attachments

• tbody1.jpg
    tbody1.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 0
  • tbody2.jpg
    tbody2.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 0
  • tbody3.jpg
    tbody3.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 0
  • tbody4.jpg
    tbody4.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
  • tbody5.jpg
    tbody5.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is my last F-style Tokai, a 'BLOCK' logo Goldstar - one of the first from 1983 with the correct headstock shape. I've had about 8 Tokais through the years, but I've slowly cut them down to this one and my LS-320.

Photo%2009-01-2023%2C%2020%2047%2002.jpg

Photo%2009-01-2023%2C%2020%2047%2027.jpg

The hardware is now all gold, including the Wilkinson bridge, and it's been 'modernised' with the EMG DG-20 set: 3x SA pickups, EXG control and SPC control. I've got the pickups set quite high for output, but if you want vintage tone, you just need to lower them (as with all EMG S and SA pickups).

It is in fantastic condition for a 40 year old guitar. There are a few minor dings, but no significant paint chips. (The white marks on the body are just light reflections.) The paint has that lovely vintage sunken look. Gold is not worn, just has a little surface tarnish.

Bad point: after being left unplayed for a while, the Volume pot is a bit scratchy.

Price: £700 or £750 with the tweed hard case (which I don't think is a Tokai original)

Collect from Cambridge
Fudging basket!
I wish I'd seen this when you posted it. I'd have snapped it up. Not got the money at the mo., but if you've still got it towards the end of April...

Back