Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burny Super Grade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy Stardust
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Burny Super Grade Reply with quote

How are these guitars? I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Burny-Super-Grade-of-Real-Quality-Japan-NICE-785_W0QQitemZ170187064689QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem on ebay, and I think it looks rather stunning. The only problem is that I don't know anything about Burny. Does this sound like a good deal?

How is this compared to the Edwards 98LTS and 130LTS?
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Burny in the link is either a RLG70 or RLG 90, of which I don't really know the difference, as they both have cheesy laminate tops, and I've owned several. I also sold them all, lol.....................

Check this photo.
On the left is a RLG50 & on the right is the RLG70 or RLG90, take your pic.

With the RLG50 you will get a true 2 piece & center seam maple top but usually a very plain looking top.

With the RLG70/90 you will NOT get a true 2 piece center seam maple top, at least not on any example I have seen.
The maple tops are always off centered & once in a while will actually be 3 piece.
You WILL get a cheesy looking sycamore laminate top, that is center seam but that is only about 1.5 mm in thickness.
The laminates also can have problems (delamination & shrinkage) which you will not get with the RLG50 solid top

These are about the only major differences that I'm aware of.

I much prefer the true 2 piece center seam tops of the RLG50 plain tops.

If you want a cheesy looking sycamore laminate, then jump all over that RLG in the link ............ .....................................

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
burnyIII
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
it seems to be a late 80s/early 90s Burny.
Nice guitar, but there are (optically) nicer Burnys from that time.
I guess it is a good guitar, but the price seems a little too high, imho.

I never had an Edwards Paula in my hands so far, so i can't compare.

Bye
B.III
btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice guitar, I have its twin. Probably the best playing guitar I own. Soundwise, though, I like my solid topper better. That is not to say that the rlg-70/90 doesn't sound good though. It does!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: