Pickup specs

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derby Ant

Reaction score
Does anyone know the actuall basic specs of Tokai production pups.
Minaly the difference between the MK II's, MK IV's and '57's.
Also, how can you tell them apart?

I just learned that the MKII's are neck 7,5 kOhm and bridge 11,3 kOhm. I just installed a mid-80's Gotoh PAF to bridge of my Love Rock. Played one rehearsal with it, can't really tell yet. Not that different from the MKII, I actually have a hunch I might prefer the stock pup.

Outsider said:
I just learned that the MKII's are neck 7,5 kOhm and bridge 11,3 kOhm. I just installed a mid-80's Gotoh PAF to bridge of my Love Rock. Played one rehearsal with it, can't really tell yet. Not that different from the MKII, I actually have a hunch I might prefer the stock pup.
That's quite hot for a standard bridge pup, the MKII's I think are Alnico V magnets, but I'm not sure, they may be A II's.

I think my LS has MKII's, but I'm not sure. I know they're not MK IV's as I had those in my explorer and they sounded rubbish.

Tokai MKI I was told.This came on a LS-150 which came with MK-II.I remember measurement were 7,5K for neck and around 11K for bridge if I recall well.Good pickups.
imagen085au7.jpg

Tokai MK-III coming from a 2005 LS-70.See not correct vintage wires.2003-2004 Tokai catalog shows MKIII but this a 2005 guitar so I?m not 100% sure.
05pickupsbridgesi6.jpg

imagen220hn1.jpg

Back