LSS88

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prsman

Reaction score
What's the deal on this p-90 equipped guitar - is that nice looking finish nitro or poly?

also, would an Edwards Goldtop (with long tenon) be better value for money?

I've yet to buy a MIJ p-90 guitar. Choices, choices!!!!

-prsman

I have what I've been told it is an LSS-88. Is it poly or nitro? I'm not sure but I would guess poly. The guitar sounds wonderful to my ear and is near flawless in construction. Playability is unreal.

I have not played an Edwards goldtop but I own an Edwards Jimmy Page Relic. Overall, without intending to be rude, I think the Tokais are a tad better build ........... ymmv. I think the Edwards' are equally good purchases.

Below is a picture of my Tokai:

IMG_5929.jpeg

f5joe said:
I have what I've been told it is an LSS-88. Is it poly or nitro? I'm not sure but I would guess poly. The guitar sounds wonderful to my ear and is near flawless in construction. Playability is unreal.

I have not played an Edwards goldtop but I own an Edwards Jimmy Page Relic. Overall, without intending to be rude, I think the Tokais are a tad better build ........... ymmv. I think the Edwards' are equally good purchases.

Below is a picture of my Tokai:

IMG_5929.jpeg

What's the neck size/shape like on this guitar?

Long gone ......... but: I recall it being a fairly chunky neck, much like a '59 Gibson Historic but not baseball bat size like the '57 Historics.

Wonderful guitar for sure. I smelled old wood and this babe had to go on to a nice home.

Latest posts

Back