No "super grade logo"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superunknown

Reaction score
Hi everybody in here.
I'm a new member of this comunity.
As you can see by my "bad spaghetti english" I'm fom italy. :lol:
I hope that you can help me today and that I'll be helpful for somebody else tomorrow.
Well, since a pair of months ago I'm intrested in burny guitars.
Day by day I'm learning from internet how good they are, wich are the main differences between the varius eras,,, exc, exc.
This guitars are very rare here in italy but today I found this one for sale on web:

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/a_sturiale/51309%20Burny%20Les%20paul/

It seams to be a good guitar.
The seller says that it's a late 80's early 90's MIJ burny.
But there are things that make me suspicious.
The finish of the top seams to be too new for a 15 years old guitar, and the colour is a bit unusual for burnys. Above all there is no "super grade" logo on the headstock. Please note those dirty stains between the TRC and the capo in the 6th photo (glue???).
Further this there is a serial N? in the pickup cavity,,,
I' don't know!
Is it a good japan made burny or could be a fake???

What do you think about this guitars guys?
I realy trust in your experience,,, Thank You A Lot!

Your English is great!

It looks like a 1995 Burny. There's lots of info here:

http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/burny info.html

I think the 'glue' is slight damage to the headstock face where someone has changed the nut with a lack of care. The lack of a "Super Grade" logo is strange, but they may have run out at the factory or something simple like that?

Thanks!!! :oops:
(I know you're joking about my english,,,)

I already red that site.
Thanks anyway.
The seller say it's from late 80's- early 90's.
And according to the truss rod cover he may be true,,,
But as told in the web site you linked the burny from those years should have the "super grade" logo.
???
Somebody have ever seen a 80's/90's MIJ burny without it?

If it's a '95 as you say is it a made in japan one?

Hello to all!
This guitar is mine..correct year of guitar is between '94 and '95.
I don't know why don't have Super Grade logo on the headstock and if someone can give me some information I am happy!
I think that it is a very nice Burny with a rare colour !!
I have 4 Burny, now :D

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/a_sturiale/

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/a_sturiale/51309%20Burny%20Les%20paul/

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/a_sturiale/les%20paul%20flg%20burny/

..this arrive soon..
http://imageevent.com/poochakira/burnylpssduncan?n=0&z=3&c=6&x=1&m=20&w=0&p=20

hey guys i m new to this site...
i guess the standard models are more difficult to date.in case of customs its way to easy.if the inlaying in the headstock is split (like real custom)its early eighties,i own RANDY RHOADS ,and a BLACK BEAUTY.not to state the obvious but the wear of the finish and part as in the "patina wear in the gold or chrome and also corrosion will say alot.i m 40 i ve owned over 300 guiatrs from many PRS,FENDER GIBSON,CUSTOM SHOPS,and still do.i play professionaly and also starting a guitar company .i m no shmo!!!i know real guitars!theres a guy i discovered on ebay goes under the seller name "mustangaxeslinger" he sells to quality greco's burny's and ect of all models.he s located in japan and the states you will not regret buying a guitar from this guy.trust me.he s accurate on eara of guitar and he s prices reflect the age and qulity of his stock.i play through marshall,and 3 different mesa's and have compared all guitars i ve owned and these Burny's sound mostly better than the american counter parts ...GO FIGURE!!!years ago i got fetup of GIBSON AND PRS putting a hefty pricetage on guitars .it's bullsh....if you can get used to being the pro with a burny or some people seem to think that it looks like BUNNY,,,whatever then you will sound has good or better without compromissing you wallet.had a gig on feb 1 st,2 guys came up and told me my tone was CRAZZZZZYYYY.the other dude in my band plays a real gibson les paul standard plus also through a mesa...he! he! he! he! thanks for you patience...

randy rhoads said:
hey guys i m new to this site...
i guess the standard models are more difficult to date.in case of customs its way to easy.if the inlaying in the headstock is split (like real custom)its early eighties,i own RANDY RHOADS ,and a BLACK BEAUTY.not to state the obvious but the wear of the finish and part as in the "patina wear in the gold or chrome and also corrosion will say alot.i m 40 i ve owned over 300 guiatrs from many PRS,FENDER GIBSON,CUSTOM SHOPS,and still do.i play professionaly and also starting a guitar company .i m no shmo!!!i know real guitars!theres a guy i discovered on ebay goes under the seller name "mustangaxeslinger" he sells to quality greco's burny's and ect of all models.he s located in japan and the states you will not regret buying a guitar from this guy.trust me.he s accurate on eara of guitar and he s prices reflect the age and qulity of his stock.i play through marshall,and 3 different mesa's and have compared all guitars i ve owned and these Burny's sound mostly better than the american counter parts ...GO FIGURE!!!years ago i got fetup of GIBSON AND PRS putting a hefty pricetage on guitars .it's bullsh....if you can get used to being the pro with a burny or some people seem to think that it looks like BUNNY,,,whatever then you will sound has good or better without compromissing you wallet.had a gig on feb 1 st,2 guys came up and told me my tone was CRAZZZZZYYYY.the other dude in my band plays a real gibson les paul standard plus also through a mesa...he! he! he! he! thanks for you patience...

RR, welcome to the Tokai Forum but please keep it down with all of the Burny praise; folks around these parts are gonna think I got a new user ID, LOL...............

Back