Sharing Is Caring!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicoBluez

Reaction score
Just wanted to share some pics of most of my guitars. Will post my new SG-75 soon so check back.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chicobluez/

Happy ChakaKhan to all and to all a great playing/looking Tokai!

Chico 8)

I hate to tell you this Chico me old darlin' but somebody has put the wrong neck on your Strat :eek:

Mike

What is it with those Robins? I've only ever seen Americans play them, don't they get exported? I remember Jimmie Vaughan had a couple of them about 20 years ago, a single and a double neck. He brougt them both over for one UK tour in the 80s, and I've never seen him play one since.

I've always liked the look of the Robins....very "Tele-Bass" kinda vibe.
Chico...do you take EVERY guitar you own to a gig?
I guess that's better than trying to decide which 2 guitars to use as main and backup like I do 8)

There is something quite funky about my Robin Ranger. As most of you know, the first mass produced Robins where made by Tokai. These Robin models had gold w/black Robin logo on the headstock (please someone correct me if I'm wrong). Some of these Tokai Robins still appear on ebay from time to time.

How is the feel of a Robin Ranger? A very vintage vibe. Not unlike a late 50's strat or Tele. The H/S/Tele S pickup configuration opens alot of doors tonewise. I can almost get away giging with the Ranger alone.

I do gig with 8 guitars on stage if the stage or playing area allows. It's pretty cool to have a decent amount of guitars onstage. Makes for great conversation during breaks. My guitars all serve as tools. No art pieces for me. I love Tokais...all the vibe...almost 1/3 of the money for my purchases.

Chico 8)

settebello said:
Nice Guitars Chico congrates,but why you americans always rides Harleys? :wink:

Volker

Like the French with your wine and cuisine (not to mention beautiful women), we Americans are also deep with tradition and icons. Harley is just that. I will say that if I didn't have a Harley, I'd have 20 or so Nice Tokais.

Chico 8)

ChicoBluez said:
settebello said:
Nice Guitars Chico congrates,but why you americans always rides Harleys? :wink:

Volker

Like the French with your wine and cuisine (not to mention beautiful women), we Americans are also deep with tradition and icons. Harley is just that. I will say that if I didn't have a Harley, I'd have 20 or so Nice Tokais.

Chico 8)

I ride a Japanese Yamaha cruiser and have a stable full of Japanese guitars. But then, I've always had a non conformist streak in me. People laughed at me for buying my first Japanese guitar in 1976. :wink:

1976 was a really good year. Joe released Sandinista.

Coincidene? Doubt it....
8)

However, we should really talk about this japanese bike.

o gawd. too many....

:D

Btw: Joe died just a few years ago. Try "Hitsville UK" and you'll remember.

f5joe said:
Chico: You are my hero. I LOVE the LS-1 Charvel. I found one exactly like yours but the young man won't sell it. What a neck!

The Charvel LS-1 is a rare bird indeed. For those who are not in the know...It is a Strat shape mahogany body and neck (both bound) with jumbo frets, two H PUs, threeway PU selctor switch, 1 V & T control, and a lovely goldtop to boot. I added Graph Tech saddles. I have only seen one other in a pic. The guitar was purchased NOS for $600 US in 1992. It just sat at my then keyboard players music store for about 3 years. I would take it down and play from time to time.

The vibe and tone the LS-1 gives is simply awesome. Think PRS with a defined high end. The PUs are warm with plenty crunch. It is an excellent repesentation of a great mid-level guitar. I believe it was only availible for 2 years. Comparable to Tokai quality. I don't play her much, but she has served me well. She may be for sale. Send me a pm.

Thanks!

Chico 8)

Back