Let's buy Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi out there!

We all know that Tokai is building some of the best guitars on this planet. Some/few of them are still built by real people. I strongly believe we should help them.

We also know quite some details. We also know that too many people are ripping us us off because we don't know enough.

So why don't we make an offer? I looked into a lot of detail in Japan, it's doable. If the one arrogant german and the ONE extremly arrogant japanese who still believe that they can control it: well, I believe they are WRONG!

It will be good for the people who actually build what we are playing. I also believe that it is time to move.

Cheers! Rupert

this summer an American company tried a takeover of a long established Japanese food making company...whose name escapes me now... that was in financial difficulty....there`ve been many food scandals this year in Japan...anyway, seems many Japanese people and shareholders were afraid the buyers would not know how to cater to the people of the country and would change the product. There were no laws standing in the way of the buy out so....they made some... and the sale did not go through. Neveremind the many US companies that were bought by the Japanese during the bubble years...thats different because it was not in Japan.
In many ways Japan is still a closed country. Still...good luck to you but don`t be too disappointed if the sale gets blocked.

Hi!

Very interesting indeed. I don't know a takeover that worked in Japan either. But that's exactly the reason why somebody (in a team with a japanese of course) should try.

I am sure it will not work with a major listed company, but Tokai is not that big (yet) and privately owned. 8)

Cheers. Rup

That's a fun idea Rupert :D

It might be cheaper to set up a cloning operation here in Europe and see if we can generate a new 'law-suit' generation of Tokai-alike guitars.

Teukai? maybe (eu = EU). Hmmm.

Let's buy Villager out instead, he's got all the best guitars after all :D

We could then all have a time share, have a holiday, drink some wine and get to play some great guitars in his new studio.

Or we could turn it into an exclusive members Guitar club (Like the car ones that are full of Ferraris and Lambo's etc that you can take out so many times a year)

fartoomany said:
Let's buy Villager out instead, he's got all the best guitars after all :D

I think we could do a lot worse than club together and buy Rupert's collection actually! And those chairs too - I think bluejeannot may put in a bid for those. :eek:

Mike

+1 fartoomany!

But I guess Mark is a pro again! :D

But let's face it: Tokai is still building the best guitars on this planet, so what should a poor boy do then to try to buy the company?
8)
Cheers! Rup

Latest posts

Back