Breezy Sound ,Springy Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burstlove59

Reaction score
good cond but expensive.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170173953223&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170173954339&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

ST85? Never heard of that before.

Mr Koiz certainly isn't over-generous with his pics, is he? :-?

That's a very interesting Breezy. In theory she should not exist. But she clearly does.
I'll watch her carefully.

While I've read that Koiz is not easy to deal with I also know that he/she is kosher.

Rup

there was a 5000 yen upcharge for certain colors...like my natural finished ST-85 for example.
Just saw the pics...looks just like mine.

burstlove59 said:
good cond but expensive.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170173953223&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170173954339&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

$1850 for a ST-85 expensive? Yeah but just imagine what this one went for :eek:
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9582

Well, you know I am a collector. I am also playing by now (quite successully, despite my age).

Price is up to what people are ready to pay.

$ 1850.-- for this Breezy is fair IMHO. But I never buy at the first shot. Supply and demand only work if demand is big, which doesn't work for Tokai. I can wait.

Rup

rgrafend said:
That's a very interesting Breezy. In theory she should not exist.

Why should she not exist? You mean that model was not in the catalogue?

Mike

rgrafend said:
$ 1850.-- for this Breezy is fair IMHO.

What is fair ??? If I have funds to buy at every price ... OK - seems to be fair ...
Think of those people for whom that Breezy could be the heaven on earth, but they have to decide regarding their budgets and have to sell their Johnson ( their only one ) to fund the purchase ... :(

Why are the Japanese sellers asking extraterestrially high prices in the meantime ???
Because those people like us will pay every price they are asking ... and we're detroying the market for ourselves in the future ...
and I can't explain my responsibility for those changes just with that striking ******** like 'supply and demand' and even worse ...
Price is up to what people are ready to pay.
... I nearly have to barf reading that result of selfish intellectual runs ... :eek:
That had to be said ...

Roger

Good point Roger. Even though we all like this forum, I guess you're saying that forums like this help to fuel the high prices some people get away with charging for Japanese guitars?

Surely the problem is that the market for Japanese guitars, at least outside of Japan, is controlled by quite a small number of people, unlike the markets for Gibson, Fender etc. So there are a small number of people (almost like a cartel) who control what we have to pay by setting high prices, and the market as a whole gets used to paying these prices.

Mike

for some of those asking prices one could get a round trip ticket to Japan, buy a guitar and have enough left over for a cup of coffee....maybe not at Star Bucks, but a cup of coffee.

stratman323 said:
Good point Roger. Even though we all like this forum, I guess you're saying that forums like this help to fuel the high prices some people get away with charging for Japanese guitars?

Surely the problem is that the market for Japanese guitars, at least outside of Japan, is controlled by quite a small number of people, unlike the markets for Gibson, Fender etc. So there are a small number of people (almost like a cartel) who control what we have to pay by setting high prices, and the market as a whole gets used to paying these prices.

YES, Mike ...

I include myself in this criticism ... not in buying all the stuff I'm getting aware of but ... cheering all the time and everywhere what tremendous craftmanship the Tokais have, how beautiful they're sounding ... and so on ...
But - paying those Koiz-prices without any protest - because for me it doesn't matter if I'll have to pay $1850 or 2300 - just to get hold of it ... this behaviour is grossly negligent in my eyes ...
Ask those m8s here on the forum who aren't blessed with such a financial background ... it seems that in the near future they all here will be staggered about those phantastic (old) Tokais which are in the same price range like the Gibbos ...
Even an Edwards will be no longer affordable !!!

... and Tokai forum will be ruled by a small group of financial gurus (as you've already mentioned above) who are showing off from time to time some of their gems ... 8)
Weird ...

Roger
BTW - To say it clearly ... I'm not for the equipartition of financial ressources in the world ... But it would help a little bit ... :wink:

Rant over - I don't want to disturb my tune no longer ... it's WE ... :wink:

I think you will find that its a fair price,but for us in the uk put the shipping costs on,then add import duty and its a bit much.It is a ST-85 and rare so its up to the buyer. :wink:

I agree with tudor. The idea of 7okai guitars was to show the world how much really the guitars they are buying are worth. These selfish dealers are destroying the market cause other people will think-why wouldn't I sell my vintage 7okai if that stinky yellow guy is selling it for 2000$? Soon enough the vintage stuff will be reserved for some rich collectors, fucking capitalism. This is just one more of mine dissapointments in this world...I saw so much 7okais that I just cannot afford, and It isn't because I'm broke, it's just because they're too expensive. The guitars are made for playing, remember SRV or Rory Gallaher, so in the future think of kids like me that would die for a nice guitar, and actually play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0opicuihnc

Blues Junior said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0opicuihnc

Thanks my friend ... :wink:

... and ... you have a wonderful sound on your video ... Congrats - very good, I like it !!! :lol: :lol:

Which amp do you use ??? There is a little bit reverb in it ... isn't it ???

Roger

if nobody paid the outlandish prices, they wouldn`t sell...but because some do most sellers over here now think we all will. I already have more wonderful old MIJs than I could ever use in my lifetime so I don`t feel the need to own them all, if I never buy another one I`ll be a very happy player/collector but that doesn`t stop me from looking. Sometimes up here I stumble onto some that are priced so low I can`t refuse, even
today I saw some real beautiful new Ibanez Artists at 50% off list so Blues Junior...don`t give up hope, there are many older MIJs that do not garner as much attention as the Grecos and Tokais but are just as nice and it`s not like the Japanese have forgotten how to build great guitars...there are many more excellent builders over here now than ever and they are producing top notch stuff.
Get yourself into an exchange program at school and come over for a year and get a/some beautiful MIJs.
Some on line dealers think they know what is and isn`t for sale here... and in the world...but they know only what they are told. If you go to smaller cities there are fewer people looking for the old MIJs. I`ve been extremely lucky so far.
good luck to you Blues Junior, I`m sure theres a nice old...or new... MIJ in your future.
OH yeah...not all yellow guys are stinky...the gaijin are the stinky ones over here.

Back