Tokai Vee's (help needed)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geordiepunk

Reaction score
First and foremost, this is a great forum!

Anyway, I'm comtemplating buying a Korean V (either an FV40 or the so called 'korina' FV48) in lefty (I'm afraid I was born with the curse!) - they're both going for ?295 from a shop in the UK.

I know you guys and gals are mostly MIJ purists because of the build quality, but I just wanted to ask - are korean models that bad? My maximum budget is ?400 (so close to a lefty MIJ Love Rock but I really can't wait) - I'd probably use the remaining ?100 to get a nice fat pup for the bridge. Also, which of the two models is better in your humble opinion?

Thanks in advance guru's!

(Note to moderators, I did do some searching but I didn't find any information specific to my question)

Hi geordipunk!

Welcome to the show! I like and collect MIJ Tokais. I also had an MIK LS (which was close to an MIJ) and still own a PR5x. They are very good guitars and definitely well above Epiphone or Fender MIK/MIM.

However, I'd recommend to touch/test them before you buy. Of course they are not made by Tokai, but just carry the name. You also should be careful as there are many MIC Tokais nowadays.

Punk them!

Cheers. Rup

Having said that Rupert....I've played many of the Korean AND chinese built guitars and have found the build quality to be almost exactly the same(but still not up to MiJ)...so much so in fact that I have had to look at the serial number to see where it was made(Chinese builds start with FC*****).
In my opinion they play and feel very much like their Epiphone counterpats.

Latest posts

Back