Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

greco
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muppet
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: greco Reply with quote

hi im new on hear just registerd im starting a small collection of guitars ive just bought a greco guitar serial l for lima 52155 it has a flower pot logo a open o and looks like a les paul custom in black has square inlays any info would be great
________
Yamaha YZ400F

Last edited by muppet on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Muppet, welcome to our little family . The serial number seems to be one digit short the L means it was produced in december, {A is january and so on} but i would have thought it would have had an 8 as the first number then the 5 making it an 85 model. If you want more info please post pictures of the serial number, the headstock , the front pickup cavity and the bottom of the pickups ......cheers Mick
muppet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi yes i would have thought it would have another number but i have seen a couple one was on a mint collection one when i recieve the guitar i will check the pickups and let you know the out come thanx
________
electronic cigarettes

muppet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i send pics plz
________
buy easy vape

muppet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadguitar_323 wrote:
Hello Muppet, welcome to our little family . The serial number seems to be one digit short the L means it was produced in december, {A is january and so on} but i would have thought it would have had an 8 as the first number then the 5 making it an 85 model. If you want more info please post pictures of the serial number, the headstock , the front pickup cavity and the bottom of the pickups ......cheers Mick
hi mike i have only seen a few with 5 numbers one was on a mint collection how do i send picks when recieve guitar will look at pickups and send pics cheers stu
________
vapir air one vaporizer

Kenmac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign up at http://www.photobucket.com You can then either post the links here or you can copy and paste the IMG link for your photos into your message.
muppet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenmac wrote:
Sign up at http://www.photobucket.com You can then either post the links here or you can copy and paste the IMG link for your photos into your message.
thanks buddy will have a go stu
________
MC platform

muppet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muppet wrote:
Kenmac wrote:
thanks buddy will have a go stu
ihave put them on photo bucket dont know what to do with them can anyone now have a look
________
herbal shop

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok if you open photo bucket to the page where your pics are just right click on the url in the address bar and right click again and paste it into your post on the forum and then all we have to do is click on the link and have a look......Mick
muppet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="leadguitar_323" http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd249/stuartbiggs/
________
Honda CB750

Last edited by muppet on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
muppet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muppet wrote:
[quote="leadguitar_323" http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd249/stuartbiggs/
here look at these couple for now.
________
herbalaire vaporizer

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think there should be an 8 infront of that serial number. That would make it a 1985 mint collection {definately mint collection} Most of all models from around that time had 2 piece back and 2 piece top the main difference was the pickups. Can you tell me what is on the bottom of the pickups, there should be a sticker with screamin or double trick or maybe even dry 1982 , this will help with the model number, screamin pickups will be in a lower model numbered guitar but that doesn't mean it is a lesser quality guitar it just means it has slightly less desirable pickups. this is subjective as some people really like these pickups so it will come down to taste. it will have a LAC{long tenon} neck joint, rosewood board greco machine heads {Which i've never had a problem with}, japanese pots and shielded wiring.Personally i love these early eighties greco's , they are built well and have a great vintage vibe. I have some very nice Japanese guitars but the one that always is ready to play is my greco RR 65 with dry 1982 pickups, i just love it ....cheers Mick
muppet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadguitar_323 wrote:
I still think there should be an 8 infront of that serial number. That would make it a 1985 mint collection {definately mint collection} Most of all models from around that time had 2 piece back and 2 piece top the main difference was the pickups. Can you tell me what is on the bottom of the pickups, there should be a sticker with screamin or double trick or maybe even dry 1982 , this will help with the model number, screamin pickups will be in a lower model numbered guitar but that doesn't mean it is a lesser quality guitar it just means it has slightly less desirable pickups. this is subjective as some people really like these pickups so it will come down to taste. it will have a LAC{long tenon} neck joint, rosewood board greco machine heads {Which i've never had a problem with}, japanese pots and shielded wiring.Personally i love these early eighties greco's , they are built well and have a great vintage vibe. I have some very nice Japanese guitars but the one that always is ready to play is my greco RR 65 with dry 1982 pickups, i just love it ....cheers Mick
hi mick go on japan guitars .com look at the mint collection he has the cream one on the right has only 5 numbers i recieve the guitar about wednesday of next week i paid?280 for it but not sure it is mint collection i will send you another site to look at in a moment it has the same guitar im getting look at pics i sent u tell what u think
________
My webcams hookup

Last edited by muppet on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
muppet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muppet wrote:
leadguitar_323 wrote:
hi mick go on japan guitars .com look at the mint collection he has the cream one on the right has only 5 numbers i recieve the guitar about wednesday of next week i paid?280 for it but not sure it is mint collection i will send you another site to look at in a moment it has the same guitar im getting look at pics i sent u tell what u think
hi mick look at this page on this web sitw guitar same www.mustangaxeslinger.com cheers
________
CT90

muppet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenmac wrote:
page 31 to 40
________
buy marijuana seeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: