greco

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muppet

Reaction score
hi im new on hear just registerd im starting a small collection of guitars ive just bought a greco guitar serial l for lima 52155 it has a flower pot logo a open o and looks like a les paul custom in black has square inlays any info would be great
________
Yamaha YZ400F

Hello Muppet, welcome to our little family :p . The serial number seems to be one digit short the L means it was produced in december, {A is january and so on} but i would have thought it would have had an 8 as the first number then the 5 making it an 85 model. If you want more info please post pictures of the serial number, the headstock , the front pickup cavity and the bottom of the pickups ......cheers Mick

hi yes i would have thought it would have another number but i have seen a couple one was on a mint collection one when i recieve the guitar i will check the pickups and let you know the out come thanx
________
electronic cigarettes

leadguitar_323 said:
Hello Muppet, welcome to our little family :p . The serial number seems to be one digit short the L means it was produced in december, {A is january and so on} but i would have thought it would have had an 8 as the first number then the 5 making it an 85 model. If you want more info please post pictures of the serial number, the headstock , the front pickup cavity and the bottom of the pickups ......cheers Mick
hi mike i have only seen a few with 5 numbers one was on a mint collection how do i send picks when recieve guitar will look at pickups and send pics cheers stu
________
vapir air one vaporizer

Sign up at http://www.photobucket.com You can then either post the links here or you can copy and paste the IMG link for your photos into your message.

Kenmac said:
Sign up at http://www.photobucket.com You can then either post the links here or you can copy and paste the IMG link for your photos into your message.
thanks buddy will have a go stu
________
MC platform

muppet said:
Kenmac said:
thanks buddy will have a go stu
ihave put them on photo bucket dont know what to do with them can anyone now have a look
________
herbal shop

Ok if you open photo bucket to the page where your pics are just right click on the url in the address bar and right click again and paste it into your post on the forum and then all we have to do is click on the link and have a look......Mick

I still think there should be an 8 infront of that serial number. That would make it a 1985 mint collection {definately mint collection} Most of all models from around that time had 2 piece back and 2 piece top the main difference was the pickups. Can you tell me what is on the bottom of the pickups, there should be a sticker with screamin or double trick or maybe even dry 1982 , this will help with the model number, screamin pickups will be in a lower model numbered guitar but that doesn't mean it is a lesser quality guitar it just means it has slightly less desirable pickups. this is subjective as some people really like these pickups so it will come down to taste. it will have a LAC{long tenon} neck joint, rosewood board greco machine heads {Which i've never had a problem with}, japanese pots and shielded wiring.Personally i love these early eighties greco's , they are built well and have a great vintage vibe. I have some very nice Japanese guitars but the one that always is ready to play is my greco RR 65 with dry 1982 pickups, i just love it ....cheers Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
I still think there should be an 8 infront of that serial number. That would make it a 1985 mint collection {definately mint collection} Most of all models from around that time had 2 piece back and 2 piece top the main difference was the pickups. Can you tell me what is on the bottom of the pickups, there should be a sticker with screamin or double trick or maybe even dry 1982 , this will help with the model number, screamin pickups will be in a lower model numbered guitar but that doesn't mean it is a lesser quality guitar it just means it has slightly less desirable pickups. this is subjective as some people really like these pickups so it will come down to taste. it will have a LAC{long tenon} neck joint, rosewood board greco machine heads {Which i've never had a problem with}, japanese pots and shielded wiring.Personally i love these early eighties greco's , they are built well and have a great vintage vibe. I have some very nice Japanese guitars but the one that always is ready to play is my greco RR 65 with dry 1982 pickups, i just love it ....cheers Mick
hi mick go on japan guitars .com look at the mint collection he has the cream one on the right has only 5 numbers i recieve the guitar about wednesday of next week i paid?280 for it but not sure it is mint collection i will send you another site to look at in a moment it has the same guitar im getting look at pics i sent u tell what u think
________
My webcams hookup

muppet said:
leadguitar_323 said:
hi mick go on japan guitars .com look at the mint collection he has the cream one on the right has only 5 numbers i recieve the guitar about wednesday of next week i paid?280 for it but not sure it is mint collection i will send you another site to look at in a moment it has the same guitar im getting look at pics i sent u tell what u think
hi mick look at this page on this web sitw guitar same www.mustangaxeslinger.com cheers
________
CT90

Hi Muppet, the owner of the site "japan guitars" is our forum member "Villager". I saw the RR95k and yes it has 5 numbers, it confirms what i said in an earlier post , it will be a 1984 model because greco only made the RR models for a couple of years in the early eighties, mines a 1983 model. The one you've bought has the flower pot logo so it definitely is a "mint collection" . Post some detailed pics of it when it arrives.......Cheers Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Hi Muppet, the owner of the site "japan guitars" is our forum member "Villager". I saw the RR95k and yes it has 5 numbers, it confirms what i said in an earlier post , it will be a 1984 model because greco only made the RR models for a couple of years in the early eighties, mines a 1983 model. The one you've bought has the flower pot logo so it definitely is a "mint collection" . Post some detailed pics of it when it arrives.......Cheers Mick
cheers mick for your time will send load of pics for you cannot wait only got those 3 pics at moment which you can look at ?280 of e bay is it worth the money.
________
Edmund E. Anderson

muppet said:
leadguitar_323 said:
cheers mick for your time will send load of pics for you cannot wait only got those 3 pics at moment which you can look at cost me ?280 so does that mean that if its got 5 numbers that it is a rr but i have to find the model like 95 65 55cheers
________
oxygen vaporizer

YY=decade year ie 85=1985
Y=year ie 5=1985
XXXX=production number
M=month A=Jan...L=Dec

The early Grecos have the same serial number format as the early Ibanez's which is not really surprising as they come from the same FujiGen factory and there were certain models of guitars that were both Grecos and Ibanez's like the Greco Mirage/Ibanez Iceman and the Greco Mirage and the Ibanez Iceman both have the same FujiGen serial number format MYYXXXX.
Then around 1979 a new serial number format appeared as well as the one above which was YXXXX.
There is a month variation of this format which is MYXXXX and if you compare this format to the FujiGen MYYXXXX format it does look about the same but with the decade year missing.

muppet said:
leadguitar_323 said:
cheers mick for your time will send load of pics for you cannot wait only got those 3 pics at moment which you can look at ?280 of is it worth the money.
________
marijuana vaporizers

Back