insurance

Discussion that is not Tokai or guitar focused.

Moderator: ned

ezra1
Guitar God

insurance

Post by ezra1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:08 am

My home owners insurance does not do enough to protect my gear.About $1500 total.The Agent told me to get an estimation for insurance worth from a dealer to bump up my policy to where I would have replacement coverage.I probably got around 30 guitars..I am not as concerned about getting a fair market value on my U.S. made guitars,but concerned about getting proper value on my MIJ guitars.Should a dealer over here value my stuff with the Vintage Guitar Price Guide....in there they do value certain models of OBG guitars and basses,but I find the value placed on Tokai very low,as compared to what I see Tokai's going for..and there is no values for Greco guitars listed..Does anyone have anybody that they could recommend ?

Koubayashi
Guitar God

Re: insurance

Post by Koubayashi » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:42 pm

ezra1 wrote:My home owners insurance does not do enough to protect my gear.About $1500 total.The Agent told me to get an estimation for insurance worth from a dealer to bump up my policy to where I would have replacement coverage.I probably got around 30 guitars..I am not as concerned about getting a fair market value on my U.S. made guitars,but concerned about getting proper value on my MIJ guitars.Should a dealer over here value my stuff with the Vintage Guitar Price Guide....in there they do value certain models of OBG guitars and basses,but I find the value placed on Tokai very low,as compared to what I see Tokai's going for..and there is no values for Greco guitars listed..Does anyone have anybody that they could recommend ?
My insurance company accepted a list I made from ended auctions on Ebay on models which aren't in the Vintage Price Guide.

ezra1
Guitar God

Post by ezra1 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:19 am

That sounds totally logical to me...and I have made photos and photos of the serial numbers...however the Agent (Farmers) wants something on paper from an authority (?) ,and not from me....

Koubayashi
Guitar God

Post by Koubayashi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:55 am

Perhaps Mark can help you.
It is rather common that dealers make a value statement.
Some charge a few bucks and some don't.
Ask him.

marcusnieman
Guitar God

Post by marcusnieman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:56 am

There's an insurance agency that specializes in underwriting guitars for insurance... few of my Texas pals use them. Let me get the info for you.

Cali Girl
Guitar God

Post by Cali Girl » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 am

Heritage Musical Instrument Insurance

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 pm

musicproinsurance.com been using them for years.

marcusnieman
Guitar God

Post by marcusnieman » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:44 am

Sorry for the late reply....

Here's the insurance company my pal uses:

http://www.musicins.com/