UK Tokai owners convention

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I was wondering if there is enough interest to make it worthwhile arranging a convention, or meeting of Tokai owners in the UK? It would be an opportunity to meet other forum members, and if we each brought at least one Tokai (or similar) guitar, a great chance to handle the guitars we've read about but possibly never seen or played. I could bring a Springy & a Goldie, I'm sure other members can contribute many others.

Depending on the level of interest, I was thinking about maybe hiring a room for an afternoon or evening, hopefully somewhere where we could bring a couple of amps & play at moderate volume for a few hours.

The most obvious place would be somewhere in the Midlands, so it's not far from the northeners and southeners. But if enough people were prepared to travel to London, it would be much easier for me to arrange myself.

If this gets off the ground, overseas visitors will, of course, be very welcome :D

If anyone is interested, let me know. No dates in mind, just seeing if there's any interest.

Mike

Sound's like a good idea Mike, you can count me in!

Why not organise it in a hotel conference room so anyone travelling can book a room for the night, plus we could all have a beer or three and talk guitars after the event. You can normally get good rates on places if they are getting some room bookings.

Sounds good, I assume you would bring your Springy ST80? Would you be prepared to come to London? Or is somewhere in the Midlands a better idea?

Midlands would be better for me, but depending on where everyone else is coming from I could travel to London.

I have an ST-80 & two LS-80 Reborn Old Les Pauls, a Goldtop & an 'Old Sunburst' I'd be quite happy to bring them all and let people have a play.

You should invite Godfried, He probably has more Tokais than the rest of Europe put together!

I'll be in Knaresborough (Yorkshire) in January.

You tie this into an EPL game and I'm there.

All kidding aside, if enough people commit and I don't have a gig or a race I will travel to the UK for this.

Ned,

Don't abbreviate the Premier League to the EPL, it sounds so American :wink:

Yorkshire is close by for me, I'd be quite happy to take you to a Middlesbrough game if it worked out.

Well if the forum owner says he's coming, it looks like this is actually going to happen! Great. Has there been a similar event before anywhere in the world?

Mike

My buddy whom I'm visiting is friends with Steve Gibson, daughters attend same school. Boro is really struggling.

The event will need to have a good turn out before I officially commit, it's quite expensive to fly from Texas to the UK. But England is a really cool place and London is one of my favorite cities.

So London would be better for you Ned? This might affect other people's views on where it should be held.

Mike

Any place I can fly into directly is good for me. London is just a cool city.

Figure if I'd fly across the pond for a Foo Fighters concert why not a Tokai gathering.

Newbs welcome? I'd love to attend (standard Alan disclaimer: depending on whether i'm in the country or not).

Of course. It's a chance to meet, chat, and have a few beers, coffees etc, as John said earlier. Though it appears that my contribution, guitar-wise, won't be quite what I had hoped......

Still the new Goldie seems to be nice :-?

Mike

OK, how about this for a suggestion. If it's in London, I'll organise it. If it's in the Midlands, would anybody else like to organise it?

Ned mentioned January, and that seems about right to me too. Everybody happy with a weekend in January? Any suggestions which weekend?

If this one happens in London, & it works, maybe somebody else could arrange the next one somewhere in the Midlands?

Any comments? Anybody else intersted in joining us?

Mike

Preferably when the weather is warmer. Also remember I can't guarentee I can make it. Right now my travel schedule (work) for next year includes: Stutgart, Syndey, Brasil, Toronto, Mexico City, Singaport and Bangalore so it may be something that just doesn't work out.

I also have to schedule it in between gigs :)

ned said:
Preferably when the weather is warmer.

Typical American! :lol: We hardly ever get US musicians here in the winter (certainly not those from the South!). Nothing for most of the year, then all the visiting Americans come over at once from May till September.

Well I'm not sure when is best now. Anyone else have any ideas?

Mike

Back